• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fan Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Recommendations

I want to pre-empt this year's heatwave & get a decent fan to keep me cool at night.

There's the traditional revolving blade contraption that you can buy for peanuts or there's those Dyson devices that cost hundreds of pounds.

I'm guessing there must be an intermediate option that is quiet, looks funky and is effective?

(Keeping my fingers crossed for ac in my new apartment)

Too late - summer was yesterday don't waste your money!

Comment

Another one from the GittinsGal, Pig on a stick stable?? This is getting tedious really.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I just use a traditional folded fan. Spent a whole euro buying one in Spain many years ago.

No batteries to run out just when you need it, no risk of getting hair caught in whirling blades.

EDIT: Just read the post properly. Sorry, ignore me
        I just keep windows open and get a nice breeze wafting about.

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
          I want to pre-empt this year's heatwave & get a decent fan to keep me cool at night.

There's the traditional revolving blade contraption that you can buy for peanuts or there's those Dyson devices that cost hundreds of pounds.

I'm guessing there must be an intermediate option that is quiet, looks funky and is effective?

(Keeping my fingers crossed for ac in my new apartment)
          Inneresting.

Comment

ok so it looks like I have to confine my posts to the professional forums to avoid the constant levelling of accusations of being another user.

I thought I made it clear that I am not that person the other day. All seems a bit childish to be honest

Ummm... any chance this could be moved to the technical forum please?

Comment

1. Keep your curtains closed during the day and open the windows especially in rooms that catch the sun
              2. Buy any fan - they all end up gathering dust then break.
              3. The next time we have a heatwave will be September
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

ok so it looks like I have to confine my posts to the professional forums to avoid the constant levelling of accusations of being another user.

I thought I made it clear that I am not that person the other day. All seems a bit childish to be honest

General is at least a bit childish. Just get into the groove and ride the wave.

Comment

Castle Cary is a tiny hamlet in Somerset where a prolific and persistent CUK spammer originates.

If you're not them then the chances are you're near neighbours!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Castle Cary is a tiny hamlet in Somerset where a prolific and persistent CUK spammer originates.

If you're not them then the chances are you're near neighbours!
                    That would be some party with Malcolm, Gricer, Gittens and Piggy.

Comment

Working...
                    X