• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring back Minestrone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought he might get done for that one.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Surely by that point it was bordering on trolling and really quite deliberate.

Either way, always great to see the veal eventually fall off - all the talk, all the stats and when it all comes down it to it the "fact" as he sees it is that you simply can't be British and Muslim at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        Surely by that point it was bordering on trolling and really quite deliberate.
        He's completely wankered most of the time.

Comment

Yeah it was just a tulipe post meant to try to stir up some sort of racial hatred/discussion type thing..

pointless and beneath him or anyone else on this forum.

10/10 Would Ban again.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Yeah it was just a tulipe post meant to try to stir up some sort of racial hatred/discussion type thing..

pointless and beneath him or anyone else on this forum.

10/10 Would Ban again.
            It wasn't really beneath him. Just par for the course.

Comment

First off minestrone was out of order but a perm ban is too much.

I've read comments on here insulting Liverpool fans that died at Hillsbourgh and other tulipty things.

There needs to be consistency and engaging people and basically calling them out is the way forward not banning. Especially when it's clear that there is so much inconsistency. If you don't engage with people you arent going to change their views.
              Last edited by woohoo; 23 April 2018, 13:48.

Comment

Not bothered, other soup flavours are still available...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  First off minestrone was out of order but a perm ban is too much.

I've read comments on here insulting Liverpool fans that died at Hillsbourgh.
                  I've read comments from one member accusing another of supporting rape.

There needs to be consistency and engaging people and basically calling them out is the way forward not banning. Especially when it's clear that there is so much inconsistency. If you don't engage with people you arent going to change their views.
                  You don't really think there was any engaging or changing of views possible with Minestrone on this one (or generally, tbh)? He was very fast out of the trap, and the comment was surely designed just to upset and troll, not for any level of useful debate.

I never liked his comments anyway, so I guess I won't miss him, but regardless of that I think this infraction required a serious slapdown.

Comment

And definitely Mini!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert Simnel View Post
                      You don't really think there was any engaging or changing of views possible with Minestrone on this one (or generally, tbh)? He was very fast out of the trap, and the comment was surely designed just to upset and troll, not for any level of useful debate.

I never liked his comments anyway, so I guess I won't miss him, but regardless of that I think this infraction required a serious slapdown.
                      I think there have been a few occasions where people posting stupid things has been met with slap-downs and this has moderated the persons behaviour. Banning a person, does what? They can easily signup with a new user name.

Comment

Working...
                      X