• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fess up... who was is?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post

Oh for the old, simpler, Halcyon days of waterfall - not a StickyNote in sight and scrum was but a weekend pastime ..

1. System and software requirements: captured in a product requirements document
    2. Analysis: resulting in models, schema, and business rules
    3. Design: resulting in the software architecture
    4. Coding: the development, proving, and integration of software
    5. Testing: the systematic discovery and debugging of defects
    6. Operations: the installation, migration, support, and maintenance of complete systems
    I would have added a specification stage or prototype stage to show the customer what they are getting. Also, lots of review stages so you don't get to end of a 6 month project and it's not what the customer needs.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I would have added a specification stage or prototype stage to show the customer what they are getting. Also, lots of review stages so you don't get to end of a 6 month project and it's not what the customer needs.
      Yep, review after each stage with sign off from the business that what has been shown is what they actually want.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Yep, review after each stage with sign off from the business that what has been shown is what they actually want.
        And then watch as they try and change it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
          Looks like some front end problems with their JavaScript/AJAX
          A twitter user a few minutes ago ..

"Are @TSB developers seriously coding live changes in production? I've found loads of ugly debugging logs in the code which are being spat out in the browser console. I don't dare to imagine what mess they have in the back-end. #TSB #tsbdown"

Apparently some of those URL’s alias back to AWS ... according to a comment on the same image on El Reg.

Comment

Holy carp. As well as being ugly and disrupting and confusing the page, every debug message like that must be an absolute gift for outside hackers! (if it exposes any keys or info not already in the HTTP traffic)
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 25 April 2018, 14:36.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Those are Tealium console logs, so harmless and worth nothing to hackers.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                I've done these big migrations more than once (with absolutely no problems or overruns needless to say ). You just run a series of full-scale rehearsals until the exception rate is manageable in the allotted go-live timescale.

I just can't understand how they could make such a cock-up. You'd have to try hard to be so utterly incompetent.

I bet there's some contractor on £1500-a-day in charge, looking suitably gravitas-full and flooding in-boxes with powerpoints, never for one minute thinking how massively he/she has personally failed.

And you know what, they'll walk straight into another highly paid role; straight into another disaster.
                +1
                i agree entirely, but did they do a 'lift and shift' or attempt a complete infrastucture and applications transform, would be my question. but, hey - i don't bank with them

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                  Apparently some of those URL’s alias back to AWS ... according to a comment on the same image on El Reg.
                  Annotation gets everyone in the end
                  Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Anther Pester Lie

Seems it's not just on-line. A TSB branch manager has reported the internal systems are crashing as well.

Truly horrific. But maybe steering groups will think twice before recklessly pressing the GO button in the future.
                    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Not sure if this aspect has been broached yet, but is the present fiasco likely to be Bob-related ?
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X