• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kanye West....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kanye West....

...is upsetting PC lefty snowflakes on twitter - and it's rather wonderful

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...left-flips-wig

I am developing new respect for Kanye.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    ...is upsetting PC lefty snowflakes on twitter - and it's rather wonderful

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...left-flips-wig

I am developing new respect for Kanye.
    I guess you didn't read the story.

Here's the bit ZeroHedge said
    Owens, a conservative activist and communications director for right-leaning nonprofit Turning Point USA, has accused Black Lives Matter of embracing victimhood - telling a group of BLM protesters at a Friday UCLA speech she gave: "It’s embarrassing. You’re not living through anything right now. You’re overly privileged Americans.”

24 hours later, Kanye tweeted his support of Owens - after which the left immediately moved to smear both of them.
    And here is their one piece of "evidence"
    Twitter, for example, immediately branded Owens a "far-right media personality"
    So, ZeroHedge call her a conservative activist and part of a "right-leaning" group. That's the right wing conspiracy theorist website saying she's right wing and then complaining when "Twitter" agrees with them - while providing no evidence that it is anything more than a headline.
    They are spinning a story to try to make it far bigger than it is.
    They, Faux News, Inforwars, etc will run the story - publicity for the sake of publicity, all based on media hype.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

So, ZeroHedge call her a conservative activist and part of a "right-leaning" group. That's the right wing conspiracy theorist website saying she's right wing and then complaining when "Twitter" agrees with them - while providing no evidence that it is anything more than a headline.
      They, Faux News, Inforwars, etc will run the story - publicity for the sake of publicity, all based on media hype.
      I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

How does "conservative activist" equate to "far-right"?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          Anyone not lefty PC is 'alt-right' - apparently...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            when a right wing conspiracy website refers to someone as having right leanings (did you notice those words, or did you just stop at "conservative activist"), then they must be fairly far to the right.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

when a right wing conspiracy website refers to someone as having right leanings (did you notice those words, or did you just stop at "conservative activist"), then they must be fairly far to the right.
              i have right leanings because I believe in personal responsibility. Also, believe in a public health service. So I could be described as having right and left leanings. So when you say " then they must be fairly far to the right" is that one of them there assumptions.

Comment

I'm still not sure what your point is? It sounds like you're trying to 'debunk' the 'story' by referring to ZH as a 'right wing' (is right wing a bad thing to be?) conspiracy theory site.

It's just coverage of some tweets from Kanye & some other 'right wing' (or should I say 'evil'?) person of color telling BLM that victim mentality is dis empowering them - much to the dismay of the 'alt-left' (who apparently are 'good').

What exactly is so bad about being right leaning? Aren't most of the posters here Tory voters?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  i have right leanings because I believe in personal responsibility. Also, believe in a public health service. So I could be described as having right and left leanings. So when you say " then they must be fairly far to the right" is that one of them there assumptions.
                  Same here - I have right leanings in as far as capitalism and enterprise and opportunity is concerned, also personal responsibility. I support Jezza for his anti-war stance but also Donald (when he was campaigning at least) for the same.

I love capitalism - but cannot stand corrupt revolving door politicians who are owned by special interests. I think war/arms for profit is a scourge of our society. I also believe in the NHS and that we can look after the disadvantaged a bit better and if we closed down the offshore tax havens and claimed all that avoided/evaded money we'd be in much better shape - but don't like HMRC focusing so much resource on little people while ignoring the very big ones where all the money is (see above point about corrupt revolving door politicians).

What does that make me? last time I took a political survey it told me I was a 'left libertarian' (whatever that is).

Comment

Same story - but from an MSM site:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8319296.html

Comment

Working...
                    X