• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gender Binarism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aerogender: a gender that is influenced by your surroundings

How the fook can your gender be influenced by your surroundings!!!

While most of those are bat sh*t.....that one made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I'm feeling quite smug because I usually make gender a lookup table when programming. People laughed at me, saying there is only "male" and "female", but now look.

When they make it law to have to use one of these genders, the industry will be rushing to make code changes. But not me, no, not me. No extra invoicing for me. No easy cash for me. Hah, who's laughing now.
      The thing is because you can now change your gender on an hourly basis then from a legal perspective gender becomes pointless and because it will change.

So we meed to stop asking for gender and start asking for biological birth sex - either you were born with a knob so you are biological birth male, you were born with a fanny so you are biological birth female you were born with neither so you are neuter or you were born with both so you are hermaphrodite.

If you then want to label yourself as an apache attack helicopter go for it - but don't get upset when no one gives a fook.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        If you then want to label yourself as an apache attack helicopter go for it - but don't get upset when no one gives a fook.

Comment

This means I can make a lengthy Facebook post and send an email to the whole department at work about how I've deliberated and agonized over this life changing decision and now I've made it I thought I'd just share it with the whole world...

...every day!
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

The thing is because you can now change your gender on an hourly basis then from a legal perspective gender becomes pointless and because it will change.

So we meed to stop asking for gender and start asking for biological birth sex - either you were born with a knob so you are biological birth male, you were born with a fanny so you are biological birth female you were born with neither so you are neuter or you were born with both so you are hermaphrodite.

I'm adding apache attack helicopter to the gender table on the test system now. Lets see if it makes it through to production.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              After Male, Female and Intersex, all other so-called genders are from people with, ahem, agendas.

"Hmm... i don't feel quite male or female today, so I'll invent a new term and if you don't use it, you're a hate-filled bigot".
              Not really, it's simply the distinction between physiological and psychological gender. You're only a bigot if you deny the existence of the latter or say it's not absolutely more important than the former.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

On a serious note it is becoming a bit of an issue in Funeral homes.

Obviously the dead cannot speak so when you go to collet 'Mary' you need to do some id checks.

Check 3 lift the cover - oops that's not Mary... or is it?

Comment

Problem is all all this came in because most countries didn't have a third sex on official forms. If they had then those who don't fit into male and female would have been happy as they could argue they were misclassified at birth.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On a serious note it is becoming a bit of an issue in Funeral homes.

Obviously the dead cannot speak so when you go to collet 'Mary' you need to do some id checks.

Check 3 lift the cover - oops that's not Mary... or is it?
                    I'd rather hope they do ID checks that consist of more than checking the genitals.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Problem is all all this came in because most countries didn't have a third sex on official forms. If they had then those who don't fit into male and female would have been happy as they could argue they were misclassified at birth.
                      The thing is there are very few people who are not either male or female - in that they are born with male reproductive organs or female reproductive organs - neuter/hermaphrodite or intersex as they are collectively known are very very rare.

So the chance of being biologically misgendered is actually pretty much zero.

But remember we are not talking about people who are clearly biologically male but want to use a female pro noun because they feel they should be female because that is nothing to do with biological misgendering, instead it is to do with people choosing which gender role they wish to follow .. for today anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X