• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Waitrose Altrincham parking - 15 min drop off parking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waitrose Altrincham parking - 15 min drop off parking

I like to use the 15 min drop off for short stay parking. Anyone, know how strict they are for enforcing the 15 min waiting period? I like to park there for 30 mins at least.

Also, what's the best time to get free coffee from Waitrose, sometimes those queues go on forever?

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I like to use the 15 min drop off for short stay parking. Anyone, know how strict they are for enforcing the 15 min waiting period?
    Yes, they are enforcing it. I recently tried to park there for 12 minutes but I was forced to stay for a further 3 before being allowed to drive off.

Also, what's the best time to get free coffee from Waitrose, sometimes those queues go on forever?
    Not on Thursdays when the locals have just picked up their pensions.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Yes, they are enforcing it. I recently tried to park there for 12 minutes but I was forced to stay for a further 3 before being allowed to drive off.

Not on Thursdays when the locals have just picked up their pensions.
      ahh good to know. I accidentally parked there whilst attempting to do a 3 point turn, not sure of the rules I ended up blocking the road for 14 mins to ensure I met the 15 min criteria.

Comment

Do people still shop in Alty?

Well, bugger me!
        Last edited by RetSet; 27 April 2018, 22:29.

Comment

There is a definite need for a parking sub forum. And perhaps, like with the tax evaders, a special sub forum for people who deliberately breach parking rules.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I did a Christmas shop there once.

Bit overrated. Ample parking though.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

I like to use the 15 min drop off for short stay parking. Anyone, know how strict they are for enforcing the 15 min waiting period? I like to park there for 30 mins at least.
              Parking specifically for a car, or for an alternative form of transport....?

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                Dlo people still shop in Alty?

Well, bugger me!
                Have you been lately, it’s gone all hipster!

Bit pretentious now.

Comment

Working...
                X