• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are You Obese?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Calipers - using a 3 site method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLdyRJIAqk

I get the measurements and then put them in here:

Body Fat Calculator
    I've never tried this, but it seems rather prone to error depending how much effort you put into pinching the skin? I used to have electronic scales that would estimate bodyfat (I think via electrical conductivity). I doubt they were extremely accurate in an absolute sense, but useful to track changes up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
      I've never tried this, but it seems rather prone to error depending how much effort you put into pinching the skin? I used to have electronic scales that would estimate bodyfat (I think via electrical conductivity). I doubt they were extremely accurate in an absolute sense, but useful to track changes up or down.
      You use the caliper next to the pinch so it measures how much fat is underneath the skin. It doesn't seem the most accurate - there are more accurate ways but for a quick and cheap way of doing it at home I quite like it. I had scales as well but they were quite off. I've settled on calipers now for about 9 months now and all my numbers are relative to the same pinch in the same areas.

I'll probably stop doing it when I can see my abs - unless I start putting it on again during bulk stage.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I was obese, became overweight, and am sadly back in obese having put on a few kg's again.

#lesscakemorejogging

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          You use the caliper next to the pinch
          Available in a range of sizes, including mf.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
            Though I think the more expensive electronic systems are pretty good, callipers seem to be what professionals use... maybe there's a bit of skill doing it right, maybe you don't need it accurate to the mm anyway.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not that surpised I fininshed a bulk phase when I got to 15 stone in March and have been cutting weight since then. I am down to about 14 stone 3 or so but am still on the way down. I go to the gym every weekday lunchtime and do sword training once or twice a week.

I am currently using my FitBit and MyFitnessPal to make sure I burn at least 500 calories more than I eat each day and aim to eat about 2000 calories.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                ftfy
                Oh look, Mr Fatty is on the Obese thread!
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                  Oh look, Mr Fatty is on the Obese thread!
                  Let's hope he doesn't break it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Let's hope he doesn't break it.
                    Let's hope suity didn't weld it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Let's hope suity didn't weld it.
                      With Darren on valet parking.

Comment

Working...
                      X