• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child Maintenance Calculation For A Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrX View Post
    It seems I have caused offence to some people from my post and for that I apologize. Yes indeed I'm a man who simply wants know where he stands financially given my ex had an affair, wanted me out to be with her new partner so it's my responsibility now to try and do what I can to remain in our six children's lives. I am trying to provide a home for them so they can spend time with their dad as it wasn't their fault that the marriage broke down.

Judge me as good or bad. It matters not to me. I just want to do what is best for my children and that's for them to have time with their mum and with their dad. Thanks for the responses thus far.

To clarify, in terms of the figure I plug into the CMS calculator that asks for the weekly gross income is it:
    A) (25000 + 50000) / 52
    Or
    B) (25000 + 50000 * (100 / (100 -19))) / 52

Thanks.
    Just ignore the noisy boys at the back.

Did you read my earlier response ?
    Option A) is what you need to go with, assuming that the 25000 and 50000 are salary and dividend, and are the gross amounts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrX View Post
      It seems I have caused offence to some people from my post and for that I apologize. Yes indeed I'm a man who simply wants know where he stands financially given my ex had an affair, wanted me out to be with her new partner so it's my responsibility now to try and do what I can to remain in our six children's lives. I am trying to provide a home for them so they can spend time with their dad as it wasn't their fault that the marriage broke down.

Judge me as good or bad. It matters not to me. I just want to do what is best for my children and that's for them to have time with their mum and with their dad. Thanks for the responses thus far.

To clarify, in terms of the figure I plug into the CMS calculator that asks for the weekly gross income is it:
      A) (25000 + 50000) / 52
      Or
      B) (25000 + 50000 * (100 / (100 -19))) / 52

Thanks.
      Look at the fathers4justice website, and seek advice from them.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        Look at the fathers4justice website, and seek advice from them.
        WHS

Comment

The tag line for this forum is 'abandon all hope etc...' the moderation is minimal to promote discussion, other forum have stricter guidelines. There are some on here who have been through what you are so there should be some good advice to be had. BTW well done for sticking up for your children.

Comment

This post goes in the accounting section.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              It is all worked out on gross amounts - salary and dividends before tax, as a weekly amount.

There are 2 ways you can run the payment calculation i) use gross salary initially,which is what the CMS calculator asks for only, and then your wife (I presume) would need to apply for a deed of variation to take account of dividends.
              Absolutely take this advise

If you start down a road based on expected dividends CMS will not recalculate & back date payments if you find you can not meet your dividend target (think unexpected down time, sickness, injury etc.)

If your worried that this doesn't leave enough for your Ex & Kid's to live off, then you can make additional 'payments in kind' but you absolutely must do this through a formal process, ideally in a legal framework agreed by both parties solicitors.

It's all to easy for your Ex to have an off day and suddenly claim that the thousands you gave her out side of CMS were in lieu of maintenance, believe me, I've been there.

Comment

Working...
              X