• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

8% payroll tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second contender!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Second contender!
      No answer? I moved my "mandatory tax" into a SIPP anyway - seems alright to me. Go on, I want to hear about all these DC pensions being (legally) raided?

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        No answer? I moved my "mandatory tax" into a SIPP anyway - seems alright to me. Go on, I want to hear about all these DC pensions being (legally) raided?
        1. Tou did not ask me
        2. Yes, your pension will be raided - pension rules change all the time and almost never in favour of those who got decent pots
        3. It seems alright to you because your Ltd is most certainly PSC, you are not a real employer so in your mind its your own money anyway, hence you don't see a problem
        4. If you don't believe point 2 then you are a third contender
        Last edited by AtW; 26 April 2018, 18:28.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          1. Tou did not ask me
          You interjected to call me an idiot. I assumed you had some useful to add - my mistake.

2. Yes, your pension will be raided - pension rules change all the time and almost never in favour of those who got decent pots
          That's not really the same as underfunded pension schemes or company shenanigans, is it now? The law changing a risk you take with any long term investment apart from cash in your hand and even that could be seized I suppose. It was quite clear he was confused and talking about DB pensions from his comment about people needing to pay more in to cover the old - something that is demonstrably untrue with DC schemes of which these changes are primarily about.

3. It seems alright to you because your Ltd is most certainly PSC, you are not a real employer so in your mind its your own money anyway, hence you don't see a problem
          Quite the opposite - I was going to make the point that this whole thread has seen Employer and Employee tax mixed up and conflated which I felt was particularly irritating. A Ltd Co contractor would be more attune to these kinds of taxs and see them as one, rather than a "real employer" who only really cares about how much Person A is costing them.

4. If you don't believe point 2 then you are a third contender
          Oh, I believe it. I just lack the magical crystal ball that you have, clearly.
          Last edited by vwdan; 26 April 2018, 18:45.

Comment

You interjected to call me an idiot. I assumed you had some useful to add - my mistake.
            So why do you keep making the same mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              So why do you keep making the same mistake?
              Honest answer? It's 19:45 and I'm sat in an office waiting for other people to do things.

This thread has been particularly eye opening about the general knowledge and intelligence of by some outspoken members, though. Concerning.

Comment

Me 'ouse is me pension 'innit?

Comment

"You interjected to call me an idiot."

I did not see your post and was referring to the idiot who posted just before you.

But for the record - yes, you are also an idiot (waste of time explaining why, but I've tried above)

HTH but BIDI

Comment

This thread has been particularly eye opening about the general knowledge and intelligence of by some outspoken members, though. Concerning.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X