• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Having listened to that classic song the other day I realised that I had never ever seen Pink Floyds film 'The Wall'. Being a fan of 60/70s and early iconography type Brit films, prog rock and musical / rock musicals I decided to watch it this evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEjx...41CC096CB969F8

I have to admit that ignorantly I did not know that the film starred Bob Geldof as Pink and was a bit stupid to realise the animation was not Gerald Scrafe

Having now watched it, it's good in parts, especially earlier and then just sort of goes a bit, well, odd.

What is the panels view, and what the fook is the ending about?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Fleetwood Mac...

RIP Fleety...

Comment

I knew a guy who watched the Wall while sober, and again while stoned on LSD. He said he couldn't really tell the difference.

Great music either way.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Sir Bob said it was the most depressing thing he had ever done. Seen it a few times and at one point sliced the animation out to an Acorn replay file. watching it on a projector if you get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Sir Bob said it was the most depressing thing he had ever done.
          Really? I always had the Final Cut as the ultimate music to slit your wrists to.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Really? I always had the Final Cut as the ultimate music to slit your wrists to.
            Sir Bob didn't do The Final Cut.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Watched it in the cinema when it came out all those long long looooooong years ago.

Watched it on tv subsequently, when it was shown on some C4 arty farty let's analyse this to death programme.

Got the dvd, which I've watched "Comfortably Numb" off.

The rest of it is so depressing I didn't bother with it.

The production was slightly fraught with two control freaks doing their independent things.

Saint Bob of Give Me the Fecking Money apparently reduced his hands to ribbons while doing take after take with the venetian blinds bit. (IIRC).
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I love the album, and have the DVD (region 1) of the film. The film is self indulgent crap, I'm afraid.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

can't finish it

I have a love hate relationship with Pink Floyd's work I'm afraid. As for The Wall I make a repeated attempt to watch it again and again but every time it feels.. I don't know.. depressing?

Comment

Working...
                  X