• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alfie Evans....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-cont...ey-v-evans.pdf

For anyone with sufficient intelligence and intellect to fully inform themselves.

I hear a lot of talk about the parents, their rights and their beliefs from the types of morons who are calling themselves Alfies Army and very little about what is truly in the best interests of the child.

Dying in distress during transit during an unnecessary trip to Rome does not seem like a fitting end when all educated parties agree that there is no hope and no treatment.

Parents do not and should not have ultimate control and authority over life and death matters of those in their care.
    BS patients have been transported in air ambulances in similar states many times, its not unusual. And its got FA to do with the state if the parents choose to transport their child to another hospital in another country.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      BS patients have been transported in air ambulances in similar states many times, its not unusual. And its got FA to do with the state if the parents choose to transport their child to another hospital in another country.
      Air ambulance to Rome? Get a grip. And I see it's all about the parents again...
      Last edited by vwdan; 26 April 2018, 15:03.

Comment

With exactly similar diseases?

Stop being as thick as mince.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Re “Maybe true. But that doesn't extend to the Judge.” Having sat through a number of court cases it became obvious to me that the side able to afford the more expensive legal team almost always won, my naïve assumption in supposed British justice disappeared with that realisation.
          Re “As above, except add other experts as fit.” Many relevant paediatric consultants from abroad have been on the media, and explained at length how different this patient would have been treated in their countries. UK medics tend to get dulled by constant exposure to the crap the NHS dishes out.
          Re “Where are these foreign experts with claims of cure and treatment?” they never promised cure, but they have been on, for instance, the today programme on radio 4. They did explain at length the different ways such cases are handled in other countries.
          Re “go into detail - I assume you're fully read up on his condition and are an expert in possible treatments. I thoroughly look forward to you reaching out to the family with your unparalleled expertise. “ no but I have listened to several professors of medicine from other countries, and their views on this matter, they have been on the media.
          Re “Parents are entrusted to act in the best interests of their children - when it's believed that this is not the case somebody has to intervene. We don't allow child abuse…” the problem is the NHS is so massively different to the way many other developed countries would handle this case that it is arrogant in the extreme for the NHS to assume (as it always does) that it knows better than the rest of the developed world. Child abuse is different, taking your child to a different hospital here or abroad is absolutely nothing to do with the state, and in many cases, Ashya King for one, it is a life saving decision, in this case it would certainly lead to better care in the terminal stages, if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            With exactly similar diseases?

Stop being as thick as mince.
            Oh, no Sue. Sharon down the legion said her daughters sons best friends cousin had EXACTLY the same as Alfie. All dem so called "experts" said he wouldn't make it, but now he's a male model and Olympic athlete. Just goes to show dunnit.

Edit: As for the above, I'm really not getting into this with someone too thick to use quotes. Sort out your post so that's it vaguely readable without giving me an stroke and I'll come back to you.

Comment

Re “Maybe true. But that doesn't extend to the Judge.” Having sat through a number of court cases it became obvious to me that the side able to afford the more expensive legal team almost always won, my naïve assumption in supposed British justice disappeared with that realisation.
              Re “As above, except add other experts as fit.” Many relevant paediatric consultants from abroad have been on the media, and explained at length how different this patient would have been treated in their countries. UK medics tend to get dulled by constant exposure to the crap the NHS dishes out.
              Re “Where are these foreign experts with claims of cure and treatment?” they never promised cure, but they have been on, for instance, the today programme on radio 4. They did explain at length the different ways such cases are handled in other countries.
              Re “go into detail - I assume you're fully read up on his condition and are an expert in possible treatments. I thoroughly look forward to you reaching out to the family with your unparalleled expertise. “ no but I have listened to several professors of medicine from other countries, and their views on this matter, they have been on the media.
              Re “Parents are entrusted to act in the best interests of their children - when it's believed that this is not the case somebody has to intervene. We don't allow child abuse…” the problem is the NHS is so massively different to the way many other developed countries would handle this case that it is arrogant in the extreme for the NHS to assume (as it always does) that it knows better than the rest of the developed world. Child abuse is different, taking your child to a different hospital here or abroad is absolutely nothing to do with the state, and in many cases, Ashya King for one, it is a life saving decision, in this case it would certainly lead to better care in the terminal stages, if nothing else.
              Some people don't known when they, as well as others closely involved in the case, have been taken in by pro-lifers and religious leaders for their own gains.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Some people don't known when they, as well as others closely involved in the case, have been taken in by pro-lifers and religious leaders for their own gains.
                And some people dont realise when they have been subjected to a lifetime of NHS propaganda about the supposed merits of the NHS.

Ashya King for me demonstrates more than this case how wrong the NHS often is, and its absolutely crystal clear to me the NHS is in the wrong.

Sorry I dont subscribe to the national religion (the NHS), but then it has killed several friends.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  I hear a lot of talk about the parents, their rights and their beliefs from the types of morons who are calling themselves Alfies Army and very little about what is truly in the best interests of the child.
                  Speaking to an ex-nurse yesterday, she was saying that she believes that one of the biggest failings of the NHS is not how they deal with patients, but how they deal with the relatives.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The biggest failing of the NHS is extending the life of old people yet seeming to rush indecently to the courts to end the life of young kids. And I say that coming from a wider family that has many nurses in the NHS.

Give Alfie the chance, I say. His parents like any others know when it is time to give up the fight. The time is not now.

Comment

The biggest failing of the NHS is extending the life of old people yet seeming to rush indecently to the courts to end the life of young kids.
                      Most "old people" aren't in a vegetative state on life support, in ICU. It's hardly the same.

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
                      Give Alfie the chance, I say. His parents like any others know when it is time to give up the fight. The time is not now.
                      What chance? There is literally no chance. All that's been proposed is that we take an incredibly sick child who needs life support*, subject them to transit across Europe, place them into new surroundings with new people who are going to do exactly the same as here. They don't even have the disease fully diagnosed - most of his brain is gone, there ain't no miracle and there ain't no cure.

*Yes, I realise they took him off his ventilator and he's currently breathing unaided. That'll last until his next seizure.

Comment

Working...
                      X