• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour starts to clean up it's act

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour starts to clean up it's act

linky

The Labour activist Marc Wadsworth has been expelled from the party, after being accused of bringing it into disrepute over a confrontation with the Jewish MP Ruth Smeeth at an antisemitism inquiry launch.

The conclusion of the case comes 22 months after the first complaint was made against the activist.

Wadsworth came to prominence after he challenged Smeeth at the launch of Shami Chakrabati’s inquiry into antisemitism in 2016, accusing her of working “hand in hand” with a Telegraph journalist.

Smeeth has said she was reduced to tears by his remarks. Wadsworth, who was distributing flyers at the event, has said he did not know Smeeth was Jewish.
    Hopefully Livingston is next!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Red Ken the Zion hater has just come back off 2 years naughty step!

Hopefully someone will push him down the stairs.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Some Labour activists (e.g. Alison Gove-Humphries keen Corbynista, according to Private Eye) shared information which claimed the whole Labour/anti-semitism storm has been manufactured by Israel. Presumably as part of ZOG. Alison was quietly dropped from candidacy last year.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I think we need to learn to differentiate between Anti-Israel stand (Anti-Zionism) from Anti-Jew stand (Anti-Semitism). Questioning someone on their Israel support and ridiculing someone being Jew are different.

I think current manufactured noise is driven by Labour insiders (Anti-Corbynists) and media with help of another country (??).

Should Labour re-elect MPs like John Woodcock ??? NOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
          I think we need to learn to differentiate between Anti-Israel stand (Anti-Zionism) from Anti-Jew stand (Anti-Semitism). Questioning someone on their Israel support and ridiculing someone being Jew are different.

You're correct that anti-semitism is different to disagreeing with Israel's policies.

Equally though, being against Israel's current policies is very different to being anti-Israel.
          Anti-Israel might be anti-semitic, or it might be Arab nationalism (or a n other).
          Anti-zionism probably does equate to anti-Israel in most (but not all) cases. Many zionists say that they can't have the promised land till the messiah comes, so they are sometimes anti-Israel.
          It's complex and nuanced.

I support Israel's right to exist.
          I disagree with their (illegal) settlements.
          I have no problem with the Jewish race.
          I think the Jewish religion is a load of bulltulip.

If I were quoted out of context I could be labelled as anti-semitic.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X