• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a house and putting an offer in today.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not too sure about talking about addons/builders as they'll get the impression you've mentally moved in.

Do you need to give a reason to offer under the asking price apart from saying that's your budget?

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
      I'm not too sure about talking about addons/builders as they'll get the impression you've mentally moved in.

Do you need to give a reason to offer under the asking price apart from saying that's your budget?

Good luck
      Budget? Tell them that's what it's worth to you. Agree that you don't want them to think you've fallen in love with it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Budget? Tell them that's what it's worth to you. Agree that you don't want them to think you've fallen in love with it.
        Bummer a bit too late, have asked for a few additions, to be fair some of it will save him a few grand.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Bummer a bit too late, have asked for a few additions, to be fair some of it will save him a few grand.
          Just don't seen too keen.

Comment

Someone once told me that normally decent people do 'funny' things when it comes to selling cars and houses. Something to do with the large sums involved. Actually, perhaps it just shows their true colours - bit like having a one too many drinks.

Comment

Working...
            X