• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a house and going to gazump someone tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a house and going to gazump someone tomorrow

Been looking at this really nice house that I like in the country and near a pub. The estate agent told me that they have an offer from some right idjiot at 30k under the asking price as the builders haven't finished painting the lounge and put the house number on it.

Think I'll offer 20k under the price, at the would seem fairer.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Been looking at this really nice house that I like in the country and near a pub. The estate agent told me that they have an offer from some right idjiot at 30k under the asking price as the builders haven't finished painting the lounge and put the house number on it.

Find out if they have a grudge against their neighbours. You could be overpaying.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Sounds like a bargain, I wouldn't want to be that raffish, handsome individual that you plan on gazumping.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Find out if they have a grudge against their neighbours. You could be overpaying.
        Talking of neighbours - where is Wilmslow?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Talking of neighbours - where is Wilmslow?
          He's one of these two, but I haven't worked out which one yet.

Comment

Working...
          X