• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Apparently you can.
    And theyve also suggested I use my substitution clause. If I supply someone I know to cover the summer off giving them instructions on what to do they'd rather do that then get someone in temporarily they don't know.

It just gets better and better
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Wow. Turned out there was a fourth option

d) Turn up to be told that the programme has been a failure and they have pulled the plug. The blue chip consultancy has been given notice to quit and another 150+ contractors are to be terminated, but they still want to extend me for other projects. So they've asked me to sign the contract, keep the equipment and then take July/August off and come back in Sept when they've got new budgets.

You can't make it up.
      Has sasguru stolen your login?

Comment

I guess the only thing left is....

Comment

And theyve also suggested I use my substitution clause. If I supply someone I know to cover the summer off giving them instructions on what to do they'd rather do that then get someone in temporarily they don't know.

out of interest... what's the skill-set required?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            out of interest... what's the skill-set required?
            Grade A Bulltulipting?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X