• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

on boarding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    One of the things that drives me mad about present day onboarding is the sheer volume of information that they want that gets duplicated (triplicated for my last role). e.g. they want details of every conract I performed in the last 5 years and I had to fill in 3 subtley different forms all wanting variations on the same thing.

Can't there just be a standard industry template for this kind of stuff??
    Well, they are not forcing you to take up the role so feel free to tell them to feck off and shove their onboarding up their arses.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      It was only 4 weeks, the entire December.
      4 weeks every six months - max billable year of 220 days

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
        4 weeks every six months - max billable year of 220 days
        1. You can undergo the process while still working for your previous contract (I have done it).

2. Who the f**k wants to work more than 220 days/year anyway, work to live, don't live to work.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
          1. You can undergo the process while still working for your previous contract (I have done it).

2. Who the f**k wants to work more than 220 days/year anyway, work to live, don't live to work.
          1 - The role came up when I still had a week to run with my last client. It look them from the 13th until the 26th to arrange an interview. On the 2nd they decide to offer it to me and on the 9th made the offer. Then they added the 4 weeks on boarding.

2 - I do. I want to take time off when I want, not when it's convenient for them.

I've other irons in the fire.....fingers crossed
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
          X