• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SVP for BTL wife as director

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    We need a new sub forum for innovative tax dodging ideas
    If we had any we could. Instead we've got General for the dumb ones.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      Depends, is it tax you're trying to dodge?
      sorry, I meant my wife being shareholder (50/50).
      Accountant says it's fine. Also read up on Arctic systems case - if going by this case, I could make her shareholder of the existing company by gifting her shares, but I am not interested in that, as she might start working soon again, and earn considerably.
      The plan of the SPV is longer term investments for the family (even my wife my contribute into the SPV down the line) - the idea is not to channel money through the new SPV, even though if going by the Arctic systems case this could be ok too.

Comment

There have been numerous discussions here on this subject in the past. I have written in some detail about what you can do and how. So I'm not going to write it up again - you can use the Search function in Accounting & Legal.

You will need a good accountant and expect to pay a couple of grand or so for the corporate structure to be set up. It's all above board and legal: you can't get £ out of any of the companies without paying either income tax, div tax or CGT. You can however use your IT Co funds to invest in other ventures/assets this way.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          We need a new sub forum for innovative tax dodging ideas
          No need for innovative ideas when there are tried and tested products like the Oude Joris Max 120.

Comment

Originally posted by zafoeta View Post
            sorry, I meant my wife being shareholder (50/50).
            Accountant says it's fine. Also read up on Arctic systems case - if going by this case, I could make her shareholder of the existing company by gifting her shares, but I am not interested in that, as she might start working soon again, and earn considerably.
            The plan of the SPV is longer term investments for the family (even my wife my contribute into the SPV down the line) - the idea is not to channel money through the new SPV, even though if going by the Arctic systems case this could be ok too.
            how will you transfer the funds from the trading into the SPV? thats the main question.

Comment

all sounds very complicated.

In a GAARstly kind of way.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ti-abuse-rules
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by michaelC View Post
                how will you transfer the funds from the trading into the SPV? thats the main question.
                No need to.

Change the SIC codes of both companies.

Turn OriginalTradingCo into NewSPVCo and the funds are already in place. Appoint MrsMC as a Director and gift her 50% shareholding.

Turn OriginalSPVCo into NewTradingCo and run all future contracts through that.

30 minutes online to Companies House and Robert's your Dad's Brother.

Simples.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                  No need to.

Change the SIC codes of both companies.

Turn OriginalTradingCo into NewSPVCo and the funds are already in place. Appoint MrsMC as a Director and gift her 50% shareholding.

Turn OriginalSPVCo into NewTradingCo and run all future contracts through that.

30 minutes online to Companies House and Robert's your Dad's Brother.

Simples.

You're welcome.
                  a) Turn OriginalTradingCo into NewSPVCo and the funds are already in place.
                  This might be possible/legal. Can't see anything wrong with this because funds are still owned by the Co and you will have to still pay tax to extract them.

b) Turn OriginalSPVCo into NewTradingCo and run all future contracts through that.
                  I do not think this is possible because by doing (a) you are pretty much phoenixing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    I do not think this is possible because by doing (a) you are pretty much phoenixing.
                    I don't believe so. All thats' happening here is a not yet active company has its SIC code changed.

Somebody loses out when phoenixing happens. In this instance nobody would lose anything.
                    Last edited by RetSet; 12 May 2018, 16:19. Reason: tpyo & speeling

Comment

Working...
                    X