• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IPSE Consultative Council (CC) Election

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    They've got a great Advantages site!
    £320 to get a large Papa Johns pizza for only a tenner - or I could go to the Papa Johns website and get a large pizza for a tenner - I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
      £320 to get a large Papa Johns pizza for only a tenner - or I could go to the Papa Johns website and get a large pizza for a tenner - I'm sold.
      I'll take one as well!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Same here. 10 years ago. That and the free contract templates I used.

10 years later IR35 is very much more of a risk and pain than it was then - no progress whatsoever - PCG becomes IPSE and is neutralised by the current gov. I think most of what they sell can be bought more cheaply elsewhere. Hiscox do £100k of IR35 insurance for £60 a year. Personally I don't see the point of IPSE.
        To be fair. IPSE's cover is for a lot more than IR35; it's any tax-related investigation. The total Plus package would cost around £1000 on the open market, although obviously not everyone needs all the various bundled add-ons so it's not that strong a selling point.

As for IR35 - it's difficult to deal with a government department that will ignore everything they're told, but are you paying up under it or do you know how to put yourself outside it? Assuming the latter, how do you think that happened?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          To be fair. IPSE's cover is for a lot more than IR35; it's any tax-related investigation. The total Plus package would cost around £1000 on the open market, although obviously not everyone needs all the various bundled add-ons so it's not that strong a selling point.

As for IR35 - it's difficult to deal with a government department that will ignore everything they're told, but are you paying up under it or do you know how to put yourself outside it? Assuming the latter, how do you think that happened?
          My tax insurance is for anything tax related - IR35, VAT etc.

Surely IPSE can't be trying to take credit for telling people how to be outside IR35 ? Hahah. You must be kidding. The government out manoeuvred IPSE. I'm not saying they are bad - I just don't see the point of them.

Comment

My tax insurance is for anything tax related - IR35, VAT etc.

Surely IPSE can't be trying to take credit for telling people how to be outside IR35 ? Hahah. You must be kidding. The government out manoeuvred IPSE. I'm not saying they are bad - I just don't see the point of them.
            Ha ha ha yourself. PCG, what is now Abbey Tax and QDOS collectively worked out what the IR35 legislation meant and how to avoid it many years ago. The whole IR35 industry has been built on that foundation.

I won't go into a long debate about how to prove a negative, but IPSE and others (ICAEW, REC and so on) have had many quiet successes preventing bad things happening. Don't confuse motion with progress.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
            X