• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business laptop insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business laptop insurance

Does anyone have business laptop insurance that they may actually have claimed on? I know there are lots of insurance providers available but I don't want to pay if they are likely to squirm out of a perfectly valid claim.

There is only one insurance company a good contractor should be using.

https://www.gladiator.co.uk
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
        Does anyone have business laptop insurance that they may actually have claimed on? I know there are lots of insurance providers available but I don't want to pay if they are likely to squirm out of a perfectly valid claim.
        Are you planning to file a claim for your soon-to-be-stolen top-of-the-line Apple MacBook Pro....?

Comment

This is what’s wrong with this country. You should be taking risks and trying to make money.

Do you think Elon Musk is whining to his billionaire friends... where can I insure my laptop.

No he’s there sending rockets into space. That’s what you should be doing.

Comment

Are you all pi$$ed or something?

Comment

@Rocky. Never post in general if you want a useful answer.

What I did was add gadget insurance to my business insurances with Hiscox. I think they covered 4K of equipment (phone and laptop) all risk (so accidental damage too) with a £100 excess. They also didn’t increase the premium as weirdly it came back only a couple quid more.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyBalboa View Post
                Are you all pi$$ed or something?
                Nah this is general - Gladiators!
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X