• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Else Get Annoyed by This?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Here in Munich there's a nice man who appears the moment I drive into the forecourt and fills the tank up for me so that my hands will not be contaminated with those nasty fumes. Think this used to happen in the UK too once upon a time, the times Mogg & Co. lust after.
    It's nice isn't it? Probably worth pointing out that the nice man has tasty 100 octane V-Power Racing. Oh, and that we can pay a flat fee for private use of our company car with the fuel included.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      It's nice isn't it? Probably worth pointing out that the nice man has tasty 100 octane V-Power Racing. Oh, and that we can pay a flat fee for private use of our company car with the fuel included.
      I don't use Shell, most expensive petrol going. What's wrong with Aral 102?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        depends, if you do this regularly there is a high chance you will end up scratching your car paint, thats the reason I avoid it, I am perfectly able to do it (and have done it in hire cars), but would never do it in my own car
        Pretty much this. And I have had it on some petrol stations where the stupid hose won't reach, so then you look like a moron. The hoses are also filthy in their own right, so I like to avoid wrestling with them to either pull them out of the awful retractable thing, or to try and keep them off the car.

Comment

I have this super kind of car, I suggest you look at getting one, that goes......... backwards as well as forwards. And due to the assymetric nature of the location of the fuel inlet, it means that you can get the inlet closer to the pump without waiting 10 minutes, or risking a teeny little scratch (that would buff out in under 10 minutes).
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            I have this super kind of car, I suggest you look at getting one, that goes......... backwards as well as forwards. And due to the assymetric nature of the location of the fuel inlet, it means that you can get the inlet closer to the pump without waiting 10 minutes, or risking a teeny little scratch (that would buff out in under 10 minutes).
            So yeah, I do occasionally do this, but it can't have escaped your notice how insanely small a lot of forecourts are now? I've got two local ones and parking forward of the pump would mean you're blocking people trying to get out or blocking the pump in front. Having the front wing taken off would rather defeat the object of trying not to damage the car.

And at least one of them refuses outright to turn the pump on if you reverse up, too.

or risking a teeny little scratch
            Yeah, sorry about giving a tulip about the second most expensive asset I own.
            Last edited by vwdan; 8 May 2018, 09:58.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Inneresting.
              I see you've changed your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I have a Shell fuel card supplied by BMW so I guess that influences where I fill up. Aral 102 is lovely, I don't know of any untuned cars that will actually benefit from it, but it is what we use on track.

Comment

I try to fill up on the correct side (and if you're ever unsure, look at the picture of the petrol pump on your fuel gauge, there'll be an arrow beside it showing which side the filler is on), but it's also not difficult to drive a little bit past the pump so the hose is going round the back of your car, then all you have to do is hold the hose away from the bodywork/rear window, and Robert is married to your aunt.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    The don't do go-faster diesel.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
                      Saturday. I go to the local Morrisons to get fuel and there's an almighty queue spilling out onto the main carriageway of the road.

Anyway, 10 minutes later I make it onto the forecourt of the service station to find myself in a queue for one particular side of a line of pumps - there was only one car at the other so I zipped straight in feeling somewhat perplexed by the apparent need of some folks to needlessly be in a queue - though I had my suspicions and these were confirmed by the girl at the till when I went in to pay.

Yes, they were all in that queue because they were all so freakin' USELESS that they couldn't cope with the situation in which the pump is on the opposite side to the filler cap and obviously didn't have the wherewithal to perform the very simple action of pulling the hose round to the other side of the car
                      Don't fill up on bank holidays.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X