• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Else Get Annoyed by This?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I try to fill up on the correct side (and if you're ever unsure, look at the picture of the petrol pump on your fuel gauge, there'll be an arrow beside it showing which side the filler is on), but it's also not difficult to drive a little bit past the pump so the hose is going round the back of your car, then all you have to do is hold the hose away from the bodywork/rear window, and Robert is married to your aunt.
    Fake news.

My car does not have this.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      So yeah, I do occasionally do this, but it can't have escaped your notice how insanely small a lot of forecourts are now? You should hand back your driving license then. I've got two local ones and parking forward of the pump would mean you're blocking people trying to get out or blocking the pump in front.
      fook 'em

And at least one of them refuses outright to turn the pump on if you reverse up, too.
      Wow. I'd take my business elsewhere after asking why exactly they do that.

Yeah, sorry about giving a tulip about the second most expensive asset I own.
      Not sure I'd consider something that depreciates so fast as much of an asset. In any case it really would buff out in a few minutes. Modern car paint is strong stuff so as long as you don't dent the panel it's all easy to sort.

Asda self-serve is the way forward. Cheap as chips, decent sized forecourt, no twat refusing to turn fuel on, and you don't have to talk to anyone.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Mag View Post
        Fake news.

Your car might not. Most cars with a fuel tank do.
        e.g.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Mag View Post
          Fake news.

Photos or no one believes you - every single car I have ever been in has this.

Be that in the UK, in Europe or in The US.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I think some cheaper French cars might not have them - Peugeot/Citroen for example, or older ones.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The don't do go-faster diesel.
              https://www.aral.de/de/retail/krafts...imate-102.html
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Neither my wife’s Nissan (2002) or my Citroen C5 (2008) have. I think this, like DRL’s, are a relatively recent thing.

Comment

I hate the ****ers who decide to have a coffee before coming back out to their car and even worse are the ******* ****ers who don't even put petrol but park at a pump and do a bit of shopping, *******
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                    Neither my wife’s Nissan (2002) or my Citroen C5 (2008) have. I think this, like DRL’s, are a relatively recent thing.
                    See my comment above !

The images I posted were just examples of standard contractor cars - Alfa Stelvio, AMG Merc, Aston DB11, Audi R8, BMW MX5 X5M, Nissan 370Z

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      See my comment above !

The images I posted were just examples of standard contractor cars - Alfa Stelvio, AMG Merc, Aston DB11, Audi R8, BMW MX5 X5M, Nissan 370Z
                      Tch

No ferrari.

[emoji13]
                      Nice Alfa though!

Comment

Working...
                      X