Anyone Else Get Annoyed by This? Anyone Else Get Annoyed by This?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 38

Banned

The Castle Cary Fairy is on the bench

Default Anyone Else Get Annoyed by This?

Saturday. I go to the local Morrisons to get fuel and there's an almighty queue spilling out onto the main carriageway of the road.

Anyway, 10 minutes later I make it onto the forecourt of the service station to find myself in a queue for one particular side of a line of pumps - there was only one car at the other so I zipped straight in feeling somewhat perplexed by the apparent need of some folks to needlessly be in a queue - though I had my suspicions and these were confirmed by the girl at the till when I went in to pay.

Yes, they were all in that queue because they were all so freakin' USELESS that they couldn't cope with the situation in which the pump is on the opposite side to the filler cap and obviously didn't have the wherewithal to perform the very simple action of pulling the hose round to the other side of the car

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

So, you get annoyed that you were able to pass a bunch of numpties and refuel your car sooner than them?

Inneresting.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    So, you get annoyed that you were able to pass a bunch of numpties and refuel your car sooner than them?

Inneresting.
    Annoyed that their queue was blocking anybody's entry onto the forecourt. I sat there for 10 minutes until I could actually opt to go to the other side of the pumps.

Contractor Among Contractors

CoolCat has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    Saturday. I go to the local Morrisons to get fuel and there's an almighty queue spilling out onto the main carriageway of the road.

Anyway, 10 minutes later I make it onto the forecourt of the service station to find myself in a queue for one particular side of a line of pumps - there was only one car at the other so I zipped straight in feeling somewhat perplexed by the apparent need of some folks to needlessly be in a queue - though I had my suspicions and these were confirmed by the girl at the till when I went in to pay.

Yes, they were all in that queue because they were all so freakin' USELESS that they couldn't cope with the situation in which the pump is on the opposite side to the filler cap and obviously didn't have the wherewithal to perform the very simple action of pulling the hose round to the other side of the car
    depends, if you do this regularly there is a high chance you will end up scratching your car paint, thats the reason I avoid it, I am perfectly able to do it (and have done it in hire cars), but would never do it in my own car

Double Godlike!

malvolio - scorchio!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

I did that the other way round last week. Took our new motorhome for some diesel refreshment, went to the usual pump at our local supermarket and discovered that the fuel filler on the new van is the other side of the passenger's cab door to the old one so the hose won't reach. Meaning I had to lock it all up again, leave the supermarket, drive all the way around the roundabout and back through the one-way system to the petrol station again and wait to get into a queue for the other side of the pump. Much to the amusement of the ladies on the tills.

I won't make that mistake again!
    Blog? What blog...?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    depends, if you do this regularly there is a high chance you will end up scratching your car paint, thats the reason I avoid it, I am perfectly able to do it (and have done it in hire cars), but would never do it in my own car
    Interesting - but surely the only thing to come into contact with the paint would be the rubber hose and I can't imagine that would scratch the paintwork?

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Some petrol stations - normally the supermarkets - specifically have long hoses so you can do it with out scratching your car paint.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Contractor Among Contractors

CoolCat has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Some petrol stations - normally the supermarkets - specifically have long hoses so you can do it with out scratching your car paint.
    there is nothing magic about long hoses that stops them scratching paint, if they touch the paint and you do it regularly then you are running the risk of damaging the paint

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

there is nothing magic about long hoses that stops them scratching paint, if they touch the paint and you do it regularly then you are running the risk of damaging the paint
    There is a trick to filling your car without the hose touching it so you won't get it scratched - clearly you haven't learnt it. Shell, BP etc don't tend to have long hoses so I don't bother.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Here in Munich there's a nice man who appears the moment I drive into the forecourt and fills the tank up for me so that my hands will not be contaminated with those nasty fumes. Think this used to happen in the UK too once upon a time, the times Mogg & Co. lust after.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”