• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Elon Musk is a nutter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elon Musk is a nutter

https://gizmodo.com/tesla-will-lock-...loy-1825812405
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

What I find weird in all his whinging, is, y'know, it's his own damn company. There's literally nobody to blame but your own lack of process and governance. If you're hiring contractors and 3rd parties for the sake of it then you deserve everything you get.

Comment

He's a bell-end, the only reason anyone listens to him is because he's a billionaire. Admit it, you laughed when he slagged off the analysts who were grilling him, and they knocked 2 billion off the company value. If he doesn't realise the occasional need for expert help from people outside the company (i.e. contractors) then he deserves everything he gets. Keep on like this and he'll be a bit like Clive Sinclair in about 5 years. A forgotten nobody with his head up his own arse.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        He's a bell-end, the only reason anyone listens to him is because he's a billionaire. Admit it, you laughed when he slagged off the analysts who were grilling him, and they knocked 2 billion off the company value. If he doesn't realise the occasional need for expert help from people outside the company (i.e. contractors) then he deserves everything he gets. Keep on like this and he'll be a bit like Clive Sinclair in about 5 years. A forgotten nobody with his head up his own arse.
        And in other news a failed 3rd rate nobody who's happy with a pittance of 500 per day slags off a self-made billionaire who's started Tesla, SpaceX, PayPal and the Boring Company.
        Self knowledge not your strong point, eh Mordy?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Perhaps he's been taking lessons form Trump.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think he is doing what many companies do every now and again with contractors and being honest about it. If the guy who signs your timesheets cannot vouch for you, then what other controls on cost are there?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              And in other news a failed 3rd rate nobody who's happy with a pittance of 500 per day slags off a self-made billionaire who's started Tesla, SpaceX, PayPal and the Boring Company.
              Self knowledge not your strong point, eh Mordy?
              Oh, I think I'll manage. I'm happy in the knowledge that I'm not a total bell-end, but I'm not sure you could say the same...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The quality of Tesla's production has known issues, perhaps that's where this pressure is coming from. There's more than a number of youtube videos out theres with doors not alining properly or seals falling off etc. Same old story with American goods, cash supersedes quality. Can't wait for that trade deal.

Meanwhile.... Porsche have spent their own money rather than investors to develop the Mission E... can't wait for the first production. The quality of Porsche motors will likely put a lot of pressure on Tesla. Double Tesla's voltage system, Porsche are using a 800v system with 80% charge in 15 minutes. Just enough time for a cappuccino.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/gen...e-full-lowdown

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

He's probably rather too forthright and honest for his own good.

But to be fair, large companies like his do tend to accumulate self-perpetuating, and even breeding, colonies of limpet-like barnacle contractors!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Oh, I think I'll manage. I'm happy in the knowledge that I'm not a total bell-end, but I'm not sure you could say the same...
                    Please provide 3rd party confirmation.

Comment

Working...
                    X