• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflake tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Nowadays the snowflakes who were lied to by Blairs labour about how everyone should go to university feel that they must go to uni - and the parents feel they must push Tarquin to go to university because Women Studies with Media is really allowing him to get in touch with his feminine side and explore gender fluidity...
    It may sound astounding to you, but people going to university this year were 7 years old when Bliar stopped being PM. Much as I hate Bliar, you can't blame him for kids going to uni today.
    Also, it wasn't Bliar who increased the cap to £9k in 2010, nor was he involved in removing the ability for students to apply for grants in 2016.
    Further, the massive increase in university students, started in 1989, under a Tory government. The maintenance grant was also abolished and student loans brought in under a Tory Government.

My first house was £24000. But that was oop north.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tax on pensioners proposed to heal inter-generational divide, due to Brexit.

£10,000 handed to all young adults at the age of 25, despite Brexit.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        FTFY
        Again, the Bkrap in general, -FFS get a life you bunch of morons!

Comment

£25 a week and the annual fees for college were >£200.

so that's 8 weeks money.

£9k doesn't look too bad now?

First flat was £68K I was on £19K at the time. I lived on cheese on toast & cheap coffee.

There is a simple answer to the housing crisis, build more houses & have fewer people wanting them.

If you have immigration requiring the building of a city the size of Newcastle every year and you don't build it then houses will go up in price.

If you then import encourage the arrival of cheap labour the wages stay low.

Interestingly after the referendum the main concern for my employer at the time was who was going to work on the factory floor, because all the British staff had been replaced with Eastern Europeans between 2005 & 2016 for some reason.

At our recent all hands meeting my new employer's CEO said exactly the same thing, no other real issues.

But of course that is racist!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Do you want me to go on?
            Please do.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              If you have immigration requiring the building of a city the size of Newcastle every year and you don't build it then houses will go up in price.
              Other factors in the affordable housing shortage are:
              1. Lack of social housing - councils restricted in what they can build, coupled with a tendency to encourage high-value developments.
              2. Family breakdown - if a couple divorce, they need two homes, whereas before one would do.

But of course that is racist!
              Don't be silly. Of course it isn't.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                There is a simple answer to the housing crisis, build more houses & have fewer people wanting them.
                But the current policy is build houses and sell to the highest bidder, which is coffin dodgers wanting to rent them out to young people or foreign investors.
                And while some may hate foreigners who come over here to work, if they are just buying property and pushing up house prices, then that's not a problem to some.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Suprosed this hasn't been done yet:

Tax on pensioners proposed to heal inter-generational divide - BBC News

So blaming older generations for 'having it better' yields results apparently.
                  Boo hoo. Cry me a river.

Comment

Working...
                  X