• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm noob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
    Damn....got there first.
    That's actually a Good Thing, because it means he is slightly more predictably corny than you!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Why is it that people can't use English fluently any more?
      I've given up with the Maths part, I really don't expect people to have the slightest knowledge of Maths nowadays, even basic calculus which used to be taught at 16 pre 1990.
      But really one should master one's native tongue at a minimum, shirley?
      It appears that most people can no longer tell the difference between "it's" "its" and "its'".

But there you go.

Happily my ongoing dementia probably means I won't worry about it for much longer anyway.

Ain't that inneresting, er, bro, if I might be so bold.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
        Why would they do it at degree level when it's taught in year seven or eight at secondary school, seven years before the child starts university?
        they've brought it back then I guess.
        I've met quite a few people with GCSE maths who never touched it.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          they've brought it back then I guess.
          I've met quite a few people with GCSE maths who never touched it.
          They've not brought it back - I have kids at high school now and its not on the IT curriculum.

It certainly wasn't in the 90s when I was at high school - though it was in Scotland (along with CPU architecture and other fairly in depth topics) which made for a jarring transition between English GCSEs and Scottish Highers when we moved back north in '98

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
            They've not brought it back - I have kids at high school now and its not on the IT curriculum.

It certainly wasn't in the 90s when I was at high school - though it was in Scotland (along with CPU architecture and other fairly in depth topics) which made for a jarring transition between English GCSEs and Scottish Highers when we moved back north in '98
            It's on the OCR (see Representation of data in computer systems - OCR) and AQA curricula (see https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/comp...representation), and possibly others (one school I work with follows OCR, one follows AQA).

It was on the NEAB GCSE curriculum in 1991 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
              Why would they do it at degree level when it's taught in year seven or eight at secondary school, seven years before the child starts university?
              That appears to be news to what passes for Esteemed Customers these benighted days.

Most of them have to take their shoes off to count up to 20.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
              X