• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm noob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm noob

I started this perm job and one perm team member, not manager, is talking to me as if he is going to be telling me what to do. It is day two tomorrow for me and I will be putting jedi effort in trying not to raise my voice on him in front of him as he is part of the existing perm gang, so I risk getting hated and needing to stand back a little.

The fecker said first day was easier for me, but tomorrow will be more serious. Yo noob it will take me 2 weeks to get up to speed. I am going to communicate that to him tomorrow, and it is gonna be by manly stand, still face . I will have him schedule a meeting in my calendar before talking to me, if he pushes it. The noob think can push around a contractor, you gotta show them from day 1 who the fack they are dealing with.

The issue though is that he is closer regionally ( similar province ) to the rest of the perm gang, so I might be taking stand against 7 people tomorrow. I have dealt with worse situations, before that noob was born.

Decided to write this here, as I know people here know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by ronkeen; 8 May 2018, 19:33.

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
    I started this perm job and one perm team member, not manager, is talking to me as if he is going to be telling me what to do. It is day two tomorrow for me and I will be putting jedi effort in trying not to raise my voice on him in front of him as he is part of the existing perm gang, so I risk getting hated and needing to stand back a little.

The fecker said first day was easier for me, but tomorrow will be more serious. Yo noob it will take me 2 weeks to get up to speed. I am going to communicate that to him tomorrow, and it is gonna be by manly stand, still face . I will have him schedule a meeting in my calendar before talking to me, if he pushes it. The noob think can push around a contractor, you gotta show them from day 1 who the fack they are dealing with.

The issue though is that he is closer regionally ( similar province ) to the rest of the perm gang, so I might be taking stand against 7 people tomorrow. I have dealt with worse situations, before that noob was born.

???? -i thought this was a contractor's forum, not a gangsta rap convention

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      ???? -i thought this was a contractor's forum, not a gangsta rap convention
      there is plenty of situations like that in contracting.

Comment

You think?

Actually, having had to work with teams like yours, I do. Sadly, I could care less.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about. It sounds like you intend to alienate your colleagues in the first week. Good plan.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
            I have no idea what you are talking about. It sounds like you intend to alienate your colleagues in the first week. Good plan.
            I am moving 2 tech projects of my own besides this perm job. I wouldn't mind alienation, and strict communication with me via email. Plus I will push for 2 days a week home work.

Comment

You’re perm. And another perm is a bell end. WTF are you expecting here?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Check if he responds to keyword MF...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Check if he responds to keyword MF...
                  Wot , Mega Feckwit ??

Comment

Actually, I haven’t a clue.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X