• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hold that Trump Nobel peace prize

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    What sort of winning strategy is it that will lead to the USA not being trusted by any nation to keep to an agreement?
    There seems to be quite a body of evidence that Iran didn't even try to keep their end of the agreement so America continuing as if all is fine is not a winning strategy. For international agreements to work there has to be consequences for breaches.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      I find it a bit tragic how many people put their hatred of Donald Trump before the prospect of the implosion of a manic theocratic regime who make the lives of their own people utter misery.

Sometimes people we don't really like are actually rather good at their job. My dispassionate analysis says he's got a winning strategy going.
      Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      My thoughts exactly.
      Or it could be that you two are not very bright and can't figure out that Trump has no strategy other than pleasing his base which is that part of the population on the left side of the Gaussian curve.
      What evidence apart from Israel's very dodgy dossier is there that Iran broke the agreement? Why are the UK and France adamant it should continue? Do you think Trumps economic protectionism is a good thing in general or will it end up, as it has always done throughout history, making the American worker poorer in the long run? What do you think of his acceleration and expansion of American debt - is that really a good "strategy" or a short-term electroral tactic to flood the economy with money?

The man is a common or garden spiv.
      Last edited by sasguru; 9 May 2018, 07:45.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        I find it a bit tragic how many people put their hatred of Donald Trump before the prospect of the implosion of a manic theocratic regime who make the lives of their own people utter misery..
        Yeah well the people voted for him. Suffer now they must.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          What evidence apart from Israel's very dodgy dossier is there that Iran broke the agreement?
          The Israelis are the evidence in that a nuclear capable Iran hell bent on eradicating Israel is something they wouldn't want. So if this agreement was working they should be all for it, but they aren't

Comment

Or it could be that you two are not very bright and can't figure out that Trump has no strategy other than pleasing his base which is that part of the population on the left side of the Gaussian curve.
            What evidence apart from Israel's very dodgy dossier is there that Iran broke the agreement? Why are the UK and France adamant it should continue? Do you think Trumps economic protectionism is a good thing in general or will it end up, as it has always done throughout history, making the American worker poorer in the long run? What do you think of his acceleration and expansion of American debt - is that really a good "strategy" or a short-term electroral tactic to flood the economy with money?

This wasn't about whether Iran broke the agreement.
            The point from Trump was that the lifting of sanctions by Obama meant a big influx of money to the Iranian economy.
            Who in turn are funding terror activity around the region and developing other weaponry.
            Plus this agreement was not permanent and expired in 5 years or so.
            So no point having an agreement that rewards for something good but turns a blind eye to everything else.

Comment

You're welcome to your opinions of D Trump but let's keep things civil if you can.

You really think that Israel stole such a large volume of documents? Calling me not very bright? They were clearly given them by insiders so that means large-scale defections are going on inside the Iranian regime, usually a good sign that change is in the air. Insiders are working with the US to topple the mullahs and this move is principally to strengthen those forces.

Regime Change Will Come to Iran (without U.S. Interference) | The National Interest Blog

I don't know if it will work, but this seems to be the strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                What sort of winning strategy is it that will lead to the USA not being trusted by any nation to keep to an agreement?
                There's dozens of tribes of Native Americans who could have told the world that.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  give him time, he will send in the big guns, Don't be surprised when you meet MF & Suity in the Airport lounge, that should convince them to surrender.
                  I'll be in Tehran next month I'll let you know what the lounge is like.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Trump has no strategy other than pleasing his base which is that part of the population on the left side of the Gaussian curve.

Stone me.

I'm agreeing with sas.

I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Stone me.

I'm agreeing with sas.

I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.

know how you feel.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X