• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hold that Trump Nobel peace prize

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
    There seems to be quite a body of evidence that Iran didn't even try to keep their end of the agreement so America continuing as if all is fine is not a winning strategy. For international agreements to work there has to be consequences for breaches.
    There is a certain naivety about him which is nice - many politicians would not call it out so obviously and would spend more time schmoozing around the subject - he just calls it how it is (from his perspective)

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Stone me.

I'm agreeing with sas.

I'm off to lie down in a darkened room.
    He is though still a bit of a twat

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      You're welcome to your opinions of D Trump but let's keep things civil if you can.

You really think that Israel stole such a large volume of documents? Calling me not very bright? They were clearly given them by insiders so that means large-scale defections are going on inside the Iranian regime, usually a good sign that change is in the air. Insiders are working with the US to topple the mullahs and this move is principally to strengthen those forces.

Regime Change Will Come to Iran (without U.S. Interference) | The National Interest Blog

I don't know if it will work, but this seems to be the strategy.
      Why are the UK and France in support of keeping to the agreement?

And of course deposing the region's strongmen has worked really well in the last 15 years, hasn't it?
      It may of course be in Trump's interest to deflect attention from his domestic woes but is it in anyone else's?

Yes I think I'll stick to calling you not very bright.
      Last edited by sasguru; 9 May 2018, 09:43.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Agreed - most politicians would not have the balls to do this.
        Obama skirted around these issues. Iran or Trump. I know who I trust more.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Because Germany is and Germany has a nice little earner going with Iran https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN10X17I

Comment

Some say Trump caused NK / SK snuggle up after the threats...

Better together it seems for the EU. Now we're standing shoulder to shoulder after Trump turns nasty.

Iran nuclear deal not dead despite US exit, France says

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
              Because Germany is and Germany has a nice little earner going with Iran https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKCN10X17I
              "“And there is growing demand for technology from the renewable energy sector, mainly wind power stations,” "

Opposed to UK weapons exports to the Saudis?!!! That well known state for sponsoring terror.

Someone, give me more charlie. This is all too surreal.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 9 May 2018, 09:51.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

And of course deposing the region's strongmen has worked really well in the last 15 years, hasn't it?
                It may of course be in Trump's interest to deflect attention from his domestic woes but is it in anyone else's?

Yes I think I'll stick to calling you not very bright.
                UK & EU might not care so much about the petrodollar

LONDON (Reuters) - Iran will start reporting foreign currency amounts in euros rather than U.S. dollars, state media said on Wednesday as part of the country’s effort to reduce its reliance on the U.S. currency due to political tension with Washington.
                https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1HP25W

One way to really upset the yanks is to stop using the USD to trade oil...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
                  I doubt Britain would support the agreement for that reason.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    . Iran or Trump. I know who I trust more.
                    I wouldn't trust Iran either. That's why the agreement allows unfettered access to Iranian nuclear sites. How does stopping that access help?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Iran is a country whose regime is happy to hang children in public.

From Cranes.

For alleged "crimes against chastity".

Think on that people.

The sooner these mad mullahs are deposed and a western friendly secular regime put in place the better.

Comment

Working...
                      X