• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hold that Trump Nobel peace prize

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Now the US are openly discussing regime change in Iran who just happened to ditch the petrodollar recently. This Bolton guy is very bad news.

I'm really not sure how all this is supposed to play out given that Iran is allied with Russia who will defend them the way they have Syria - however Netanyahu was just in Moscow cosying up to Vlad while the latest Syrian attack was happening...

Also China are strongly aligned with Russia and Iran and have said they won't stop dealing with them despite US threats of sanctions. Apparently we love China and when Xi comes here he get's the red carpet, copies of 'China Daily' are handed out outside tube stations and we are outsourcing nuclear power plants to them.

France and Germany are flipping the bird to Trump over threats of sanctions after being given 6 months for their companies to stop dealing with Iran.

Surely they can just sort all this out on the golf course?
    Trump should start openly talking about regime change in Russia!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Trump should start openly talking about regime change in Russia!
      That would be a wet dream of epic proportions for them - looks like that ship has sailed though. He should probably focus on getting Germany and France back on side and moving away from the military threat/sanctions approach - it's not working.

China, Russia and now Iran are playing a different game killing off the petrodollar and letting the US overextend themselves everywhere and get into more debt. He should follow through on his campaign promises by bringing troops home, stop aggressing and focus on fixing America. That's what his 'enemies' are doing.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

That would be a wet dream of epic proportions for them - looks like that ship has sailed though. He should probably focus on getting Germany and France back on side and moving away from the military threat/sanctions approach - it's not working.

China, Russia and now Iran are playing a different game killing off the petrodollar and letting the US overextend themselves everywhere and get into more debt. He should follow through on his campaign promises by bringing troops home, stop aggressing and focus on fixing America. That's what his 'enemies' are doing.
        Fixing America? How?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

An Iranian friend here in Munich, who moved with his wife to dodge service; really nice guy and very intelligent often talks to me about how much he misses life back home. A subject I can sympathise with given my lust for fatty foods in Scotty land. In particular it's small things, like drinking coffee in the afternoon sun by Khaju Bridge.

It sounds lovey and I hope to visit one day.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            An Iranian friend here in Munich, who moved with his wife to dodge service; really nice guy and very intelligent often talks to me about how much he misses life back home. A subject I can sympathise with given my lust for fatty foods in Scotty land. In particular it's small things, like drinking coffee in the afternoon sun by Khaju Bridge.

It sounds lovey and I hope to visit one day.

Yes, lovey indeed

I hope the sight of petty criminals and adulteresses dangling by the neck from cranes doesn't put you off your coffee.
            Last edited by The Castle Cary Fairy; 11 May 2018, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Fixing America? How?
              Whatever he meant when he was campaigning. He talked about getting out of foreign intervention, bringing troops back and spending the money at home instead.

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
              Yes, lovey indeed

I hope the sight of petty criminals and adulteresses dangling by the neck from cranes doesn't put you off your coffee.
              Don't go to Saudi then either.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Whatever he meant when he was campaigning. He talked about getting out of foreign intervention, bringing troops back and spending the money at home instead.

Don't go to Saudi then either.
                If conditions were right then I'm sure the troops would be brought back. However, we don't live in a utopian world.

Comment

Yes, lovey indeed

I suppose the starbucks coffee shop at BAE Systems tastes better. It's many miles away from the exported munitions that find its way to Saudi before it's dropped on Yemen civilians. Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Exposed: British-made bombs used on civilian targets in Yemen
                  Last edited by scooterscot; 11 May 2018, 11:08.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, lovey indeed

Wasn't happening too long ago with Britain's special friend:

<mod snip image removed>
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

[QUOTE=darmstadt;2553063]Wasn't happening too long ago with Britain's special friend:

<mod snip image removed>/QUOTE]

That still happens now in many places in Africa where the slave trade still thrives

or is that everyone else's fault to?
                      Last edited by WTFH; 16 May 2018, 08:04. Reason: <mod snip quoted image removed>

Comment

Working...
                      X