• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When was the Last Time you were Excited by Something?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the Last Time you were Excited by Something?

A rather depressing conclusion to a conversation I was having the other night with a group of 40/50 somethings was that the older you get, the less joy / excitement one derives from things.

Is that true? It certainly can seem that way.

I look back over my life to date and events that I can call to mind that I associate with joy mostly seem to have occurred in the distant past. An amazing exotic holiday, falling in love, marriage, seeing an amazing film / musical, hearing the Paperlate EP for the first time.

Surely there's more to come or is becoming a cantankerous old sow just par for the course?

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    A rather depressing conclusion to a conversation I was having the other night with a group of 40/50 somethings was that the older you get, the less joy / excitement one derives from things.

I look back over my life to date and events that I can call to mind that I associate with joy mostly seem to have occurred in the distant past. An amazing exotic holiday, falling in love, marriage, seeing an amazing film / musical, hearing the Paperlate EP for the first time.

Surely there's more to come or is becoming a cantankerous old sow just par for the course?
    You tell us, Mr Scroatman...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Hmmmm….inneresting….

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
      I never liked Genesis until Gabriel left & then I heard the Paperlate EP and my life was never the same again.

Comment

I look back over my life to date and events that I can call to mind that I associate with joy mostly seem to have occurred in the distant past.
        Gosh, we'd never have guessed from all your super inneresting posts.

Comment

Whose sockie was Scroatman, Doggy Styles?

Comment

Last month there was a Thai masseuse, she did not have any underwear on; I was excited.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Last month there was a Thai masseuse, she did not have any underwear on; I was excited.
              So was she....

Comment

There’s nothing like the buzz you get when the police knock on your door looking for another missing person when you wonder if you’ve sound proofed the basement properly.

Living on the edge.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I’m at my happiest doing nothing really, so reading or watching a good film.

Everything I do is to enable me to do more of nothing. Get excited about anything would mean I’m not doing my favourite thing, nothing.

My best holiday was a few years ago, late flight so airport was pretty empty, so plenty of room to do nothing. Then arrived on an island and did nothing in the sun. Looking back I reached my level of doing nothing perfection on this holiday. Suppose that’s pretty exciting.

Comment

About 1978 from the looks of this:

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...valanless.html
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                    X