• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bit of help...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it was me and I had a perfectly good 20 year old wall and someone did a repair with mismatched bricks I would be unhappy.

Now the poor geezer has to make coffee for your builder and generally put up with a disturbance.

Repair the wall well and be the nice person you are.

Comment

there seems to be a trend on this forum that members of the congregation damage their neighbour's property (be it wall or car) and then seek the solution which is the most to their own advantage rather than that of the victim

very sad

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        If it was me and I had a perfectly good 20 year old wall and someone did a repair with mismatched bricks I would be unhappy.

Now the poor geezer has to make coffee for your builder and generally put up with a disturbance.

Repair the wall well and be the nice person you are.
        Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        there seems to be a trend on this forum that members of the congregation damage their neighbour's property (be it wall or car) and then seek the solution which is the most to their own advantage rather than that of the victim

very sad

Milan.
        When the cost of the work he thinks he is entitled to is more than double the cost to repair the actual damage done + a bit more as a nice gesture then I feel this way :-

Yes I made an honest error - a complete accident after 2 seconds of stupidity.

You however went away and decided you wanted a new wall - so you put time and effort into seeing how much you could screw out of me - to make me pay for my honest mistake.

So when you put it that way who is the worst neighbour - me for making an honest mistake and being more than willing to pay for it or him for trying to con me out of a grand?

Comment

ok...so he trying to rip you off. So I'm assuming the quotes you have are from his builder?

Get a quote from your builder and get your builder to do the work.

Just because this neighbour is being a prick does not mean you have to be one also.

Judge Judy would have you wetting your knick knacks.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            When the cost of the work he thinks he is entitled to is more than double the cost to repair the actual damage done + a bit more as a nice gesture then I feel this way :-

You however went away and decided you wanted a new wall - so you put time and effort into seeing how much you could screw out of me - to make me pay for my honest mistake.

So when you put it that way who is the worst neighbour - me for making an honest mistake and being more than willing to pay for it or him for trying to con me out of a grand?

this is the problem isn't it, repairing something old, how to blend in the new with the old so that it doesn't look like it has been repaired ?

the question is, is there a way to blend in the new repair with the old wall in a way that it looks like nothing as ever happened and which is cheaper than replacing the whole wall

If you can do that I am with you

If there will always be a "scar" on the wall then it's a sad situation

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Erm, you f*cked his wall! Tulip happens, yes. However, think of the ill will you're creating by messing around.

You're a contractor, you have the resources.

Btw, why not buy an automatic? That would have stopped your car from rolling across the road.
              Last edited by Zigenare; 10 May 2018, 15:26.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

very sad

Milan.
                Indeed. Both were Brexiters. Go figure.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

You're a contractor, you have the resources.

Btw, why not buy an automatic? That would have stopped your car from rolling across the road.
                  He's not a contractor, just one of the bottom feeders that infest this forum.
                  The car was some sort of crappy Nissan.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'd tell him to fook off and claim on his house insurance, that's what it's for. It's not your fault the wall wasn't strong enough to withstand being tapped gently with a car
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      I'd tell him to fook off and claim on his house insurance, that's what it's for. It's not your fault the wall wasn't strong enough to withstand being tapped gently with a car
                      Well interestingly enough there is only a slight scuff mark on the car so the wall was pretty knackered.

Comment

Working...
                      X