• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you up to this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you up to this weekend?

Well? Any weekend plans?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Working on SKA

Comment

TFA.

Still in Monaco for the historic motor racing.

You?
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        TFA.

Still in Monaco for the historic motor racing.

You?
        Thanks for asking.

Gardening, taking The Toy out for a spin, friends round on Sunday so I expect a nice walk to a local establishment.

Comment

My weekend started yesterday when I flew in from Cloggers.

Actually started in a very interesting manner when I began chatting to the passenger in the seat next to me, a rather wizened, erudite looking individual, and discovered that he was one of the industry's leading experts on IoC and had spent a number of year's working on Microsoft's MEF programme.

I find the distinction between inversion of control, extensibility frameworks and dependency injection tends to be somewhat blurred so I had all my questions lined up like a row of ducks and razzed him about it during the flight. For the first time of my life I was happy for air traffic control to hold us for 30 minutes before we landed at Lulsgate.

A fascinating individual indeed.

I doubt anything else as exciting as that will happen to me this weekend though I am going along to a Bristol .Net Meetup group social tomorrow night if I make it back in time from SQL Saturday in Gloucester.
          Last edited by The Castle Cary Fairy; 11 May 2018, 14:22.

Comment

TFA!

Saturday I have a friend's 40th birthday party to attend. It starts early so I hope to be home without missing too much Eurovision.
            Sunday my beau arrives and we're having Splendid afternoon tea at Dominique Ansel

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Eurovision.
              Thanks for reminding me!

Can't wait for song 9, and I don't mean that because it's the UK, but more because it's TW time.

Comment

I'm going to be swinging into Dullingdon, via Boringsville this weekend.

Migration work tonight and tomorrow and Go-Live Sunday evening. Between that, I've just ordered some shiny new-to-me blades for my home lab so I'll get those in and provisioned so I can build an up to date lab infrastructure.

Hoping to get some flying in on Sunday afternoon, but rather unlikely really. May get a ride on the bike, at least.

Comment

Trolling someone from Castle Cary
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                  X