• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doubt about Notice Period and contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    How does the reason help you?

If it is simply the project is cancelled, budget cut etc, then fine.

If they don't believe you are good enough, that should be fine too, but is more likely to have the contractor moaning whinging with something to cling onto ("I'm not rubbish" etc)

If they want me out, I don't want to stay.
    Because unless you are direct with the client, it's not the client who cancels your contract. It's the agent.

If an agent chooses to cancel your contract, then making them put something in writing is useful. They might be cancelling it because they decide they can replace you with someone more profitable for them. If they then lie and say it's because the client doesn't need you any more, or the project has been cancelled, then when you find out that the agent lied to you, you can get your legal team onto them. It can also give you an opportunity to part ways with the client on good terms.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
    X