More fingers than teeth

BlasterBates - scorchio!

A reminder of the glory days of the Eurovision:

I'm alright Jack

My post count is Majestic

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    A reminder of the glory days of the Eurovision:

You know that;s how women see you don't you??
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It was some self-obsessed corbynista calling himself DR ACactivist. I may be many things, but I'm not a fan of Corbyn.
    I thought there were quite a lot of entries inferior to the UK entry, I suspect we are being punished for Brexit. I think we were being punished for Brexit even before we voted for Brexit, which is why Brexit happened.

A bit like a Terminator movie time paradox where you don't seem to be able to escape your fate no matter how hard you try.

Banned

The Castle Cary Fairy is on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    I thought there were quite a lot of entries inferior to the UK entry, I suspect we are being punished for Brexit. I think we were being punished for Brexit even before we voted for Brexit, which is why Brexit happened.

A bit like a Terminator movie time paradox where you don't seem to be able to escape your fate no matter how hard you try.
    The Cod Wars, Gibraltar, The Falklands - there's always been something.

TPAFKAk2p2

mudskipper is always on top

I won £40 :kerching:

Banned

Last night's action had me reminiscing about a Eurovision party I attended in Salisbury sometime back in the 80s. I can't remember the exact year but I do remember we were represented by Bardot that year.

Anyway, the party was being thrown by an old friend of mine whi had just moved house so it was a kind of house warming cum Eurovision party combined. She had given me the address over the phone and, in our haste to get on the road to arrive in time for the first notes of the contest, I had forgotten the scrap of paper upon which I had written her address.

Fortunately, I remembered the name of the street.

Unfortunately, the street turned out to be one of those US style streets where the numbering starts at 1 and goes all the way up to 1000.

This was before the days of mobile phones and there were no phone boxes nearby so myself and OH decided to split up and go in opposite directions from the apparent middle of the street.

No sooner had we started (and we weren't even 100 yards apart), I spied an estate car filled with boxes with the name Braithwaite scrawled all over them in black marker pen.

"Braithwaite, Braithwaite! It has to be a relative, it has to be a relative!" I yelled at OH (Braithwaite was the surname of my pal Jekka, as it happens).

Anyway after that, we literally called at 2 properties before a door opened to reveal Jekka's beaming countenance and the dulcit tones of Terry Wogan emanating from the sitting room.

Stroke of luck that she had her shopkeeper brother visiting otherwise we could have been pounding the streets half the night.

Incredible times....
    Last edited by The Castle Cary Fairy; 13th May 2018 at 18:14.

Banned

I remember many years ago Jonathan King touting Right Said Fred for Eurovision success. And he's a man who can recognise a hit song when he hears one.

Not sure Right Said Fred would be a wholly suitable choice for a Pan-European contest these days given Richard Fairbrass' Eurosceptism.

Perhaps they'd have to change their name to Alt-Right Said Fred?