• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another gullible politician negotiating poorly with India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another gullible politician negotiating poorly with India

https://mobile.twitter.com/RedHotSqu...93509931589632

Replying to @RedHotSquirrel
    Lots of IT work has been outsourced to India thanks to greedy directors at the expense of UK jobs.
    Hear Hear!

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
      Hear Hear!
      amazes me that the political class fall for this stuff

Comment

What I find quite quizzical is that quite a few European companies try to recruit British developers for their projects, American companies are opening development centres here but British company managers are still outsourcing to India, in spite of a chronic failure rate.

We seem to have a special braindead breed of manager.

Comment

I think any post Brexit trade deal with India is going to entail one hell of a lot more of this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
            I think any post Brexit trade deal with India is going to entail one hell of a lot more of this.
            Oh, dear, the B word in general again

Comment

I'm more surprised there's people here that are surprised.

Short-term goals / profiting making has been and is the only goal in UK industry. Whereas on the continent there's a much stronger focus on the long-term.

Until shareholders are not bleeding companies dry don't expect change.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Oh, dear, the B word in general again
                How dare you mention that letter!!!

Ban him!! Oh wait..
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I'm more surprised there's people here that are surprised.

Short-term goals / profiting making has been and is the only goal in UK industry. Whereas on the continent there's a much stronger focus on the long-term.

Until shareholders are not bleeding companies dry don't expect change.
                  Not surprised, but ever frustrated.

Comment

To be fair I'm not surprised cheaper, 2nd rate Indian IT workers are used if the alternative, as demonstrated by the general level of (non)-intelligence demonstrated on this forum, is hiring more expensive 2nd rate British IT workers.
                    At the bottom-feeder level it makes sense to get the cheapest, since there's not much difference in quality.
                    I haven't come across many Indian workers at the top end.
                    They're just not competitive at that level, except in the US, where the cream goes.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X