• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another gullible politician negotiating poorly with India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you don't think globalisation has some of the facets of an alien invasion?

Not really. The British Empire was more like a alien invasion to the Indians no doubt.
    After all the peasants were taxed at close at around 50% for 200 years. Any benefits like the railway (which was built to better plunder the country) were side effects of exploitation.
    One of the main job titles in the IAS (the Raj civil service) was the "Collector" - the person who confiscated 50% of your crops every year for your lifetime.
    So get some perspective, you've very little to complain about.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm not accusing each population of being responsible for trying to better themselves at the expense of others they are all just there to be used by the multinationals. Once India was too expensive they moved on, Western Europe, Morocco, Mexico etc.
      What the multinationals moved from India to Western Europe? Why because Western Europe was cheaper?
      Anyway I'm sure some of the multinationals will scale back their ops in the Uk post Brexit. That should no doubt improve the economy

I can see why some of you struggle to compete with these useless Indians.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        What the multinationals moved from India to Western Europe? Why because Western Europe was cheaper?
        Anyway I'm sure some of the multinationals will scale back their ops in the Uk post Brexit. That should no doubt improve the economy

I can see why some of you struggle to compete with these useless Indians.
        don't worry Ass your arrogant twerp face is still on.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Not really. The British Empire was more like a alien invasion to the Indians no doubt.
          After all the peasants were taxed at close at around 50% for 200 years. Any benefits like the railway (which was built to better plunder the country) were side effects of exploitation.
          One of the main job titles in the IAS (the Raj civil service) was the "Collector" - the person who confiscated 50% of your crops every year for your lifetime.
          So get some perspective, you've very little to complain about.
          Not being responsible for the Raj and to the best of my knowledge none of my ancestors were I'm not sure why you feel I should be ashamed of what the East India company & then the UK government did 200 years ago.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

you don't think globalisation has some of the facets of an alien invasion?
            Yes it has, in order for us to become alien and not being stuck to some big rock destined to fall on earth.
            Without globalisation and learning to work with each other we can't build rockets. Can't rely on Will Smith jumping on an alien craft.
            resistance is futile
            assimilate
            ass...

Comment

Not being responsible for the Raj and to the best of my knowledge none of my ancestors were I'm not sure why you feel I should be ashamed of what the East India company & then the UK government did 200 years ago.
              Where did I say you (or anyone else) need to be ashamed? I'm merely pointing out that your "alien invasion" analogy is far better applied to that slice of history than what is happening now.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not quite on the same level but whatever keeps you happy.

Unfortunately for you there are so many racists out there. or not...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...om-London.html

I always assumed Bob was either based on Clippy's predecessor or was a nod to a certain culture's confusing head movements. If it is considering some of the things they call us, its pretty mild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossa...or_the_British

I wonder do your colleagues secretly describe you as Inselaffe?
                As an independent consultant I don't actually have colleagues but the company I currently work for and very closely with consists of a Polish-American, a Philippines-American and an African-American so I wonder what they call me (although I know what they would call you )

It doesn't surprise me that you stick up for racism: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8348021.html

You only have to read many of the posts on this forum from current and banned members to realise that and then you have to see which side of the fence they stand on when it comes to a campaign advertisement ins a vote they supported:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Win View Post
                  Yes it has, in order for us to become alien and not being stuck to some big rock destined to fall on earth.
                  Without globalisation and learning to work with each other we can't build rockets. Can't rely on Will Smith jumping on an alien craft.
                  resistance is futile
                  assimilate
                  ass...
                  POTD!

Comment

Working...
                  X