• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hitting the 10 year wall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bunch o' wooses- 40 years, and still did all the things i wanted to.

Comment

Got 23 years on the clock, exit plan is FIRE (Financial Independance/Retire Early).
      It's a nice feeling when you are setup financially even if you choose to carry on, you never have to stay somewhere terrible, work away from home (unless you want to) etc.
      The time to pack in is when you've got enough (20x annual expenses) and you've had enough. Just make sure you get to the first one before the second....
      Alternative - don't work summers regardless of offers/current contract, if you are any good and got some reserves, you will pick up work as and when.

Comment

my exit plan still involves me hurling myself into an active volcano - although at 10 years I guess I'm only half way there ...
        Last edited by radish2008; 16 May 2018, 08:33.

Comment

28 years for me working in IT.

Must admit some days I just cant be arsed.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Only 5 years so still a pup

Comment

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
              my exit plan still involves me hurling myself into an active volcano - although at 10 years I guess I'm only half way there ...
              Suity tried that, but got the specs wrong and ended up in Luton.

Comment

Working...
              X