• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaza clashes: 52 Palestinians killed on deadliest day since 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    How do the Israelis feel about the Palestinians? Do they treat the Palestinians as equals?
    ****Controversial Post Incoming*****

I want to preface this and say I've got no skin in this game. No issue with Jews, Muslims or anyone else.

I've been to Israel twice and each time I came away feeling the same sense of odd - I don't know if it's propaganda or true belief, but every tour guide and I encountered was quite happy to get political with noone asking. They all seemed convinced Israel was a 10000% innocent of any wrong doing, ever and seemed to have this ingrained victim mentality.

I dunno, I just found it a strange country. Even moreso the second time, because I'd sort of convinced myself that it can't have been like that the first time.

That's not to say either side is innocent, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      ****Controversial Post Incoming*****

I want to preface this and say I've got no skin in this game. No issue with Jews, Muslims or anyone else.

I've been to Israel twice and each time I came away feeling the same sense of odd - I don't know if it's propaganda or true belief, but every tour guide and I encountered was quite happy to get political with noone asking. They all seemed convinced Israel was a 10000% innocent of any wrong doing, ever and seemed to have this ingrained victim mentality.

I dunno, I just found it a strange country. Even moreso the second time, because I'd sort of convinced myself that it can't have been like that the first time.

That's not to say either side is innocent, of course.
      It's propaganda. You only have to listen to the crazy spokesmen they put forward. They carry a big stick because it's given to them and it's ******* shameful that we are not condemning the current action and taking steps to stop it. The have a free reign it seems now with that crazy loon in the US.

Comment

That's not to say either side is innocent, of course
        True of virtually any issue, every conflict or tension, some people always entirely lay the blame one side or another, things are rarely so simple.

Don't think Trump's action was very helpful here, raises tensions for little purpose.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          True of virtually any issue, every conflict or tension, some people always entirely lay the blame one side or another, things are rarely so simple.

Don't think Trump's action was very helpful here, raises tensions for little purpose.
          I think it's a calculated move - maybe not even his idea but possibly the deep state throwing petrol on the fire.

Whatever their reasons (Hamas etc) such heavy handedness and total disregard for human life is swaying public opinion against them - however much they protest that this is 'justified'. What ever happened to the peace process? let me guess - Iran? Assad? Putin?...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Trump happened, thanks your pal Putin and MAGA morons

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Trump happened, thanks your pal Putin and MAGA morons
              Are you saying Putin is to blame for Israel's killing of all these people?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                He deliberately created a situation that led to the protest.

52 people were murdered/gunned down/hit by snipers - or do you see them as "bad people who deserved it because they should not be allowed to protest"?
                I'm not a fan of Trump, but I don't think it would be wise for his decisions to be made based on the prospect of a warring people to protest with molotov cocktails.

It's not really about what I think of them, but protests don't normally entail the use of molotov cocktails where I'm from.

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Are you saying Putin is to blame for Israel's killing of all these people?
                Do "these people" have any responsibility in this event?

This is especially ferocious due to commemorating the Nakba.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  I'm not a fan of Trump, but I don't think it would be wise for his decisions to be made based on the prospect of a warring people to protest with molotov cocktails.

It's not really about what I think of them, but protests don't normally entail the use of molotov cocktails where I'm from.
                  Your obsession with molotov cocktails kinda makes it seem like snipers firing at children didn't happen and that the Palestinians are 100% to blame.

I do not believe that they are 100% to blame, or 100% innocent.

The fact is, 58 people were killed and you're obsessed that they were maybe throwing incendiaries at soldiers who were flying drones of tear gas at them and shooting.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Your obsession with molotov cocktails kinda makes it seem like snipers firing at children didn't happen and that the Palestinians are 100% to blame.

I do not believe that they are 100% to blame, or 100% innocent.

The fact is, 58 people were killed and you're obsessed that they were maybe throwing incendiaries at soldiers who were flying drones of tear gas at them and shooting.
                    The fire bombs are an objective fact - I'm reflecting on your idiotic proclamation of them being merely protesters. That part of the world is explosive, rules of engagement are different, the "protesters" aren't merely "protesters" as you imply - you posed the question whether they are bad; well yeah, some of them are.

What are the children doing there? Typical tactic of Hamas: human shields.

It's certainly a shame, the loss of life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      The fire bombs are an objective fact - I'm reflecting on your idiotic proclamation of them being merely protesters. That part of the world is explosive, rules of engagement are different, the "protesters" aren't merely "protesters" as you imply - you posed the question whether they are bad; well yeah, some of them are.

What are the children doing there? Typical tactic of Hamas: human shields.

It's certainly a shame, the loss of life.
                      This is an awfully narrow minded and short sighted view of things. One of the saddest things I have ever seen was a Palestinian boy crouched behind a rock in a square whilst Israeli soldiers took pot shots at him. You could see the dirt kicked up where their bullets just missed him for over 10 minutes. Until they shot him dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X