• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaza clashes: 52 Palestinians killed on deadliest day since 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    This is an awfully narrow minded and short sighted view of things. One of the saddest things I have ever seen was a Palestinian boy crouched behind a rock in a square whilst Israeli soldiers took pot shots at him. You could see the dirt kicked up where their bullets just missed him for over 10 minutes. Until they shot him dead.
    Narrow minded? Hamas has routinely used children as human shields, built "schools" (weapon caches) in troubled areas.

Hamas invented the child suicide bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Narrow minded? Hamas has routinely used children as human shields, built "schools" (weapon caches) in troubled areas.

Hamas invented the child suicide bomber.
      So are you saying Israel is 100% innocent and they were only acting in self defence, or can you see any level that there is culpability on both sides?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Don't panic! The UN are holding a conference. That will show them.

And I was getting worried there.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          So are you saying Israel is 100% innocent and they were only acting in self defence, or can you see any level that there is culpability on both sides?
          Could you please direct me to where I said that.

Comment

Didn't hear this level of righteous indignation about Myanmar

Comment

Could you please direct me to where I said that.
              Well, any time I've asked you, you've changed the subject to say that Hamas use children as shields, that they were throwing petrol bombs, etc. So I thought it was about time I asked you a direct question that might illicit an answer that wasn't changing the subject.

Hence why I asked the question:

"So are you saying Israel is 100% innocent and they were only acting in self defence, or can you see any level that there is culpability on both sides?"

Comment

Well, any time I've asked you, you've changed the subject to say that Hamas use children as shields, that they were throwing petrol bombs, etc. So I thought it was about time I asked you a direct question that might illicit an answer that wasn't changing the subject.

Hence why I asked the question:

"So are you saying Israel is 100% innocent and they were only acting in self defence, or can you see any level that there is culpability on both sides?"
                You've "asked" me once - and by asked I mean presume I think Israel is 100% innocent for which you can't find any evidence.

But now we've got to something, culpability on both sides (your earlier statements which implied they're merely "protesters") - something I agree with.

Comment

You've "asked" me once - and by asked I mean presume I think Israel is 100% innocent for which you can't find any evidence.

But now we've got to something, culpability on both sides (your earlier statements which implied they're merely "protesters") - something I agree with.
                  There were protestors there, and I was repeating myself about the culpability. At no time did I say that the murdered human beings were all completely innocent, nor that the Israeli army were completely guilty.

The reason I asked was your obsession with children used as human shields and with molotov cocktails - your first reply was to my comment asking where the cheering Trump supporters were.
                  Trump's words and actions directly and indirectly led to the activities of the last few days. They are not 100% the reason behind it, but they are a large part of that. He chose a date in full knowledge that it was symbolic, to make a second, reinforcing symbolic gesture which showed arrogance and a lack of concern or interest in the negative impact it would have.

Comment

There were protestors there, and I was repeating myself about the culpability. At no time did I say that the murdered human beings were all completely innocent, nor that the Israeli army were completely guilty.

The reason I asked was your obsession with children used as human shields and with molotov cocktails - your first reply was to my comment asking where the cheering Trump supporters were.
                    Trump's words and actions directly and indirectly led to the activities of the last few days. They are not 100% the reason behind it, but they are a large part of that. He chose a date in full knowledge that it was symbolic, to make a second, reinforcing symbolic gesture which showed arrogance and a lack of concern or interest in the negative impact it would have.
                    Why do you keep using the word "obsession"? They're objective truths.

You're the one with the obsession of making conclusions based on assumption; regarding your choosing of a date statement, conversely I could argue it was chosen due to the significance to Israel: a date close to the forming of the state of Israel - I'm not a fan of Israel or Trump, but I could see how it would be fitting for Israel's closest ally to do it on such a date.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      How do the Israelis feel about the Palestinians? Do they treat the Palestinians as equals?
                      Palestinians cannot marry Jews in Israel (and the other way around ).

Comment

Working...
                      X