• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gaza clashes: 52 Palestinians killed on deadliest day since 2014

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaza clashes: 52 Palestinians killed on deadliest day since 2014

So eh - yeah - whoever saw that coming?

Trump will manage to blame Iran on some level no doubt.

At least 52 Palestinians have been killed and 2,400 wounded by Israeli troops, Palestinian officials say, on the deadliest day of violence since the 2014 Gaza war.

Palestinians have been protesting for weeks but deaths soared on the day the US opened its embassy in Jerusalem.

Palestinians see this as clear US backing for Israeli rule over the whole city, whose eastern part they claim.

But US President Donald Trump hailed the move in a video message.

He told the dedication ceremony that it had been a "long time coming", adding: "Israel is a sovereign nation with the right to determine its own capital but for many years we failed to acknowledge the obvious."
    Source: Gaza clashes: 52 Palestinians killed on deadliest day since 2014 - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Where's Tony Bliar peace envoy extraordinaire when you need him....?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Where's Tony Bliar peace envoy extraordinaire when you need him....?

Busy fixing Br*xit I'll wager.

Comment

Where are all the Trump fans on here saying how this is a wonderful sign of progress?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Where are all the Trump fans on here saying how this is a wonderful sign of progress?
          Too busy whining about how they are going to get shafted by his trade barriers.

I am a business owner, a proud Republican, and a voter who supports President Donald Trump's campaign to level U.S. trade imbalances.

I am also angry, frustrated and a little scared, because the unintended consequences of the president's $50 billion tariffs on China would cripple my business in Auburn Hills and strip my 50 employees of their good-paying jobs.
          https://twitter.com/ron_fournier/sta...35595304607744

HT NickFitz on Twitter.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is it that simple, did he request Palestinians protest with Molotovs?

Comment

I don't know the nuances of all that happens in the Middle East, but one thing I do know is that the Israelis are going nowhere. Right the way back to Moses and the flight from Egypt, well let's just say that it hasn't been plain-sailing for the Jews. There even used to be a phrase 'Wandering Jew' signifying that they didn't have a permanent place. Well now they've got it and they've got the Bomb and the days of the Wandering Jew are over.

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
                I don't know the nuances of all that happens in the Middle East, but one thing I do know is that the Israelis are going nowhere. Right the way back to Moses and the flight from Egypt, well let's just say that it hasn't been plain-sailing for the Jews. There even used to be a phrase 'Wandering Jew' signifying that they didn't have a permanent place. Well now they've got it and they've got the Bomb and the days of the Wandering Jew are over.
                It's almost as though Israel and the US (and probably us) are deliberately stoking more war in the ME and keeping the region unstable.

If that sounds antisemitic I don't care - Palestinian people's lives matter as well, as do those in Syria, Yemen, Iraq etc etc...

History will judge.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                  Is it that simple, did he request Palestinians protest with Molotovs?
                  He deliberately created a situation that led to the protest.

52 people were murdered/gunned down/hit by snipers - or do you see them as "bad people who deserved it because they should not be allowed to protest"?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

He deliberately created a situation that led to the protest.

52 people were murdered/gunned down/hit by snipers - or do you see them as "bad people who deserved it because they should not be allowed to protest"?
                    How do the Israelis feel about the Palestinians? Do they treat the Palestinians as equals?
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                    X