• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flouting Planning Legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Castle Cary Fairy View Post
    There's actually a very interesting BBC4 documentary about the A303!

https://vimeo.com/25813595
    Actually marginally more interesting that your posts.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

… I feel I can't simply ignore the fact that a transgression of planning law has taken place and let it go unreported; I consider myself a good citizen after all. ..
      If you ever get fed up with living a stone's throw from the A303, with Eddie Stobart lorries thundering past your house every few seconds, and you want to sell then the last thing you need is a dispute with your neighbours.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        If you ever get fed up with living a stone's throw from the A303, with Eddie Stobart lorries thundering past your house every few seconds, and you want to sell then the last thing you need is a dispute with your neighbours.
        Unless they are waiting with claw hammers at Bridgwater Services.

Comment

Just call the council planning department. No need to get involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Unless they are waiting with claw hammers at Bridgwater Services.
            Nah. Our nearest services is Podimore.

Comment

Just as long as they do not know where you live thats fine then.

Comment

Hmmmm….inneresting….

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                If all goes according to plan, I'll be spending Saturday evening round the back of Podimore Services "entertaining" the 2 wenches who serve in the Wild Bean Cafe
                Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                I once had a chick beam end up on the bonnet of my Land Rover in the car park of Podimore services.
                Originally posted by zoco View Post
                Bet she had a very nice triangle too. From Chard as well - shame I never got to try on her beard down Podimore Services

Comment

Seems like Castle Cary Fairy has provided almost or even entirely enough info to pinpoint his location!

Houses facing onto the A303 in the region of Podamore Services are pretty few and far between, even more so those with a sloping front garden given how flat much of Somerset is!

So a quick scoot down the A303 in that area with Google Street View might locate it.

Could this be his neighbour's place? There's a bizarre looking concrete post rather than a laburnum tree, but one must allow for poetic licence, especially given CCF's florid, expansive (some might say pompous) writing style

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.02...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

Seems like Castle Cary Fairy has provided almost or even entirely enough info to pinpoint his location!

Houses facing onto the A303 in the region of Podamore Services are pretty few and far between, even more so those with a sloping front garden given how flat much of Somerset is!

So a quick scoot down the A303 in that area with Google Street View might locate it.

Could this be his neighbour's place? There's a bizarre looking concrete post rather than a laburnum tree, but one must allow for poetic licence, especially given CCF's florid, expansive (some might say pompous) writing style

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.02...7i13312!8i6656
                    All I said was that my nearest services is Podimore.

And my house is most definitely not local authority. Ex or otherwise....

Comment

And my house is most definitely not local authority. Ex or otherwise....
                      Taking all the details at face value, that narrows it down even more!

I'm genuinely puzzled how you know, or seem to think you know, that the house I referenced is or was local authority, although I can see it is semi-detached and does look a bit titchy.

Comment

Working...
                      X