• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSR Alexander Mann - 33 days to get paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inneresting
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Did you not ask before you started?

I am on 30 day terms - it was one of the first questions I asked. The agency was very apologetic as they try to pay on 7 days worth. I thought 30 days was about right.

From a money perspective it makes no difference - that's why I saved money from previous contracts. It does worry me a little that the agency may go under - I checked them out and them look healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Gecko View Post
        Good morning, long time lurker on these forums. Thanks to those who post on here, have seen some great advice in the past and hopefully I will contribute to this forum in the future.

My reason for posting is that I am have recently started a six month contract in the public sector (my third) and I was chatting with my agency this morning when they dropped a bombshell. We were talking about the transition from Crapita to Alexander Mann solutions (AMS) and they said that I wouldn't be paid until August! It seems that AMS are working on 33 day terms and that although I will be still paid weekly, I still wont receive my first payment until August, for work carried out in the second week of June.

Has anyone else heard this?
        Alexander Mann was the company founded by Dragon's Den Khan chappie. The company staff are very arrogant. When they told me about their fee payment arrangement, I responded by saying that I will need to run a credit check on AMS; they went ballistic. However, they agreed to pay weekly at the end of each week.

AMS get paid by the end client and hold on to the money for weeks; what happens if AMS goes bust?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If you are in the public sector you need to have a word with the person who arranges for the contracts to go through AM.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Good morning, long time lurker on these forums. Thanks to those who post on here, have seen some great advice in the past and hopefully I will contribute to this forum in the future.

My reason for posting is that I am have recently started a six month contract in the public sector (my third) and I was chatting with my agency this morning when they dropped a bombshell. We were talking about the transition from Crapita to Alexander Mann solutions (AMS) and they said that I wouldn't be paid until August! It seems that AMS are working on 33 day terms and that although I will be still paid weekly, I still wont receive my first payment until August, for work carried out in the second week of June.

Has anyone else heard this?
            30 days is about normal. If one is direct, it's usually closer to 60 days. Bite the bullet. And get insurance, if you're worried.

Having said that, if Crapita are involved, I'd be slightly crapiting myself...
            Last edited by Mordac; 16 May 2018, 18:05.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              30 days is about normal. If one is direct, it's usually closer to 60 days. Bite the bullet. And get insurance, if you're worried.

Having said that, if Crapita are involved, I'd be slightly crapiting myself...
              Capita payment is really good. Weekly. 30 days sounds slow but I reckon OP has been given disinformation. I reckon that payment for June will be in July not august and the tool he spoke to knows **** all.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

What others said 33 day terms weekly isn’t that bad.

Maybe the agent meant you’ll have had a full months payment by August? Ask them?

Agreed capita weekly payments with 7 day terms is good. Will see what happens when AMS takes over the existing contracts.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a clause that taking over the contract they would honour current arrangements agreed with capita?

Comment

If you need or expect regular payments, go perm. Sorry.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Thanks for your input everyone.

I have gone back to my agency with some of the questions and they seem to be very open about it. They confirmed that if a timesheet is signed off by 25th June (for work completed 18-23rd June) at 1200, then it will take 33 days for payment to come through (27th July). It takes my agency 48 hours to process the payment over the weekend so my Umbrella wont receive the money until 30 July and then payment into my bank on the 31st July.

Comment

Thanks for your input everyone.

I have gone back to my agency with some of the questions and they seem to be very open about it. They confirmed that if a timesheet is signed off by 25th June (for work completed 18-23rd June) at 1200, then it will take 33 days for payment to come through (27th July). It takes my agency 48 hours to process the payment over the weekend so my Umbrella wont receive the money until 30 July and then payment into my bank on the 31st July.
                      What are the payment terms as detailed in your contract?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X