• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSR Alexander Mann - 33 days to get paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geoff Gecko View Post
    Thanks for your input everyone.

I have gone back to my agency with some of the questions and they seem to be very open about it. They confirmed that if a timesheet is signed off by 25th June (for work completed 18-23rd June) at 1200, then it will take 33 days for payment to come through (27th July). It takes my agency 48 hours to process the payment over the weekend so my Umbrella wont receive the money until 30 July and then payment into my bank on the 31st July.
    If the timesheet was signed off on 26th, 27th or 28th June, would payment also be 27th July?
    Giving one date, adding up days and saying "it's 33 days" is not very scientific. It might be 30 days + the agent adding on 3 to pay you. It might be End of week 4, it might be 30 days.

Has the agent confirmed that they do next day bank transfers? It's quite common for them to be the ones using BACS which takes 3 days to clear.

If your finances are that tight that 28 days is OK, but 33 isn't, then you might need to re-think your career choice and spending patterns.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      If you need or expect regular payments, go perm. Sorry.
      Do you not do cashflow management or credit control? Sounds like you should go perm.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        If the timesheet was signed off on 26th, 27th or 28th June, would payment also be 27th July?
        Giving one date, adding up days and saying "it's 33 days" is not very scientific. It might be 30 days + the agent adding on 3 to pay you. It might be End of week 4, it might be 30 days.

Has the agent confirmed that they do next day bank transfers? It's quite common for them to be the ones using BACS which takes 3 days to clear.

If your finances are that tight that 28 days is OK, but 33 isn't, then you might need to re-think your career choice and spending patterns.

I will still be paid weekly, it will just be delayed by almost 5 weeks. My agency pays the money out as soon as it receives it and has always operated this way for the life of my three contracts I have taken in the public sector through them. I would just like to know why it takes AMS 33 days to pay someone, when Capita could do it in 5!

As to my spending patterns and finances, I think its none of your business, but thanks for the concern.

Comment

I will still be paid weekly, it will just be delayed by almost 5 weeks. My agency pays the money out as soon as it receives it and has always operated this way for the life of my three contracts I have taken in the public sector through them. I would just like to know why it takes AMS 33 days to pay someone, when Capita could do it in 5!

As to my spending patterns and finances, I think its none of your business, but thanks for the concern.
          It may be something to do with the willingness to factor invoices.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Because they can.

But also cash flow and investment - the longer the money is in their account the more they can earn on it - or if they were paying you before they get paid then they would be reducing their debt liabilities.

In terms of your finances - if you do see yourself as genuinely a company and have set one up then we can easily check up on companies house if we wanna see your accounts.

Comment

My agency pays the money out as soon as it receives it and has always operated this way for the life of my three contracts I have taken in the public sector through them.
              If your agent is good, are they using FPS, in which case payment will be in seconds, not overnight.

Now, what about my other question:
              Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Blockchain.

Surely there's an ICO to be had out of this
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  Capita payment is really good. Weekly. 30 days sounds slow but I reckon OP has been given disinformation. I reckon that payment for June will be in July not august and the tool he spoke to knows **** all.
                  For how long? Thanks to lots of headlines like this:
                  Patients 'could have been harmed' after Capita outsourcing - BBC News
                  they are heavily in the brown smelly stuff (about half a billion loss last year, iirc). I'd be very wary of putting myself in a position where they potentially owed me any money right now.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    For how long? Thanks to lots of headlines like this:
                    Patients 'could have been harmed' after Capita outsourcing - BBC News
                    they are heavily in the brown smelly stuff (about half a billion loss last year, iirc). I'd be very wary of putting myself in a position where they potentially owed me any money right now.
                    they owe me a few grand for last week. The payment is already being processed as I've seen the remittance. It will arrive tomorrow. I can cope with that level of exposure.
                    Actually their share price went up as they announced the £500M loss. The price plummeted when they hit the shareholders with a stock dilution. They're not going anywhere for a while. In fact they're probably a better buy than Bitcoins for the next few months.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Alexander Mann payment period.

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Alexander Mann was the company founded by Dragon's Den Khan chappie. The company staff are very arrogant. When they told me about their fee payment arrangement, I responded by saying that I will need to run a credit check on AMS; they went ballistic. However, they agreed to pay weekly at the end of each week.

AMS get paid by the end client and hold on to the money for weeks; what happens if AMS goes bust?
                      Hi Paddy

I am having a similar problem with Alexander Mann. They are refusing to pay me weekly. Do you have any advice on how I can avoid this, in particular if I’ve refused to be bound by their terms?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
                      Sandy

Comment

Working...
                      X