• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSR Alexander Mann - 33 days to get paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSR Alexander Mann - 33 days to get paid

Good morning, long time lurker on these forums. Thanks to those who post on here, have seen some great advice in the past and hopefully I will contribute to this forum in the future.

My reason for posting is that I am have recently started a six month contract in the public sector (my third) and I was chatting with my agency this morning when they dropped a bombshell. We were talking about the transition from Crapita to Alexander Mann solutions (AMS) and they said that I wouldn't be paid until August! It seems that AMS are working on 33 day terms and that although I will be still paid weekly, I still wont receive my first payment until August, for work carried out in the second week of June.

Has anyone else heard this?

Originally posted by Geoff Gecko View Post
    Good morning, long time lurker on these forums. Thanks to those who post on here, have seen some great advice in the past and hopefully I will contribute to this forum in the future.

My reason for posting is that I am have recently started a six month contract in the public sector (my third) and I was chatting with my agency this morning when they dropped a bombshell. We were talking about the transition from Crapita to Alexander Mann solutions (AMS) and they said that I wouldn't be paid until August! It seems that AMS are working on 33 day terms and that although I will be still paid weekly, I still wont receive my first payment until August, for work carried out in the second week of June.

What does your contract say?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

How is 33 day payment term on weekly invoice result in payment in August for work done at the beginning to June?

Monthly billing + 30 day payment exists and may result in 60 day gap between the work being done and payment.

I wouldn't be happy about either, but have used weekly invoicing with 30 day payment in the past, as that was the only option at the time.

The question is do you have alternative contract to begin with, as most agencies are not flexible on payment terms and it's take it or leave it offer.

Comment

I've just asked my existing agent about whether anything will change from our perspective. I'd be somewhat amazed if absolutely nothing changed given the complexity of procurement frameworks.

Comment

Currently contracting through AMS. Weekly billing with payment happening four weeks later on Monday mornings.

For work completed during the first week of 4th - 8th June, you should expect to receive the first invoice receipt on 9th July.

Comment

It's not ideal but I currently invoice monthly with 30 days payment.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Gecko View Post

Friday June 8th + 33 days = 11th July

Quite why you wouldn't be paid until August, I'm not sure.

Are you happy (I guess not) to expose that many weeks of "yourco's entitled money" to the risk of it not being paid? Would an increase of 5% in dayrate compensate for that risk?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I'm with AMS and have 31 days payment terms, weekly billing.

They are very good, not had a single invoice delayed (assuming that the timesheet signoff deadlines are met).

Comment

Have you asked your gladiator?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

All my clients are direct and payment of 30-90 days is not unusual.

Look at it this way, when you leave the job you'll still be receiving income 2 months afters. That could be a welcomed lifeline.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X