• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK IT market booming!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK IT market booming!!

Loadsa jobs out there... none of those nasty auslanders coming over here taking our jobs.

"The tragedy is that this policy doesn't work for anyone: the government, employers or the public," she said.
    "The government repeats its mantra that Britain should be open to the brightest and the best, and yet this policy specifically rejects those people."

Between December 2017 and March 2018, the Home Office received an unexpectedly high volume of applications from employers who had offered jobs to non-EU workers.
    The so-called Tier 2 visa system was introduced by Theresa May when she was home secretary as a means of capping the number of skilled workers from outside the European Union who had a job offer.
    source: 1,600 IT workers and engineers denied UK visas
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Why would they possibly want to come to the UK?

If/when I require work to be done I will offshore the work. Why bring people over here?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      Why would they possibly want to come to the UK?

If/when I require work to be done I will offshore the work. Why bring people over here?
      I don't. Development for the stuff I'm working on is done in Belarus, Poland and Slovenia. I find a culture of American TV makes dealing with people far easier...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I don't. Development for the stuff I'm working on is done in Belarus, Poland and Slovenia. I find a culture of American TV makes dealing with people far easier...
        Does your cat have bigger bollox than CFL's??

Comment

Working...
        X