• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you pay your ex a 'break-up fee'?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Ex Mrs BP IV swapped it for a leopard.
    He can probably use that in the campaign. He's teaming with MF and their working title is Fathers Against Tax, FAT.

Comment

I read the other day that some guy is charging his g/f rent to live in their shared home.

At first I thought she was crazy going along with it, but on reflection if they marry and later divorce I imagine she'll get a far better payout for having demonstrably contributed financially from the outset.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        I read the other day that some guy is charging his g/f rent to live in their shared home.

At first I thought she was crazy going along with it, but on reflection if they marry and later divorce I imagine she'll get a far better payout for having demonstrably contributed financially from the outset.
        If your girlfriend moves in with you then why should she not contribute towards the upkeep of the house.

If and when you get married and if she were in a position to, would you not give her an opportunity to buy part of the house so that it then becomes a shared asset?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          If your girlfriend moves in with you then why should she not contribute towards the upkeep of the house.

If and when you get married and if she were in a position to, would you not give her an opportunity to buy part of the house so that it then becomes a shared asset?
          If you get married she doesn't have to pay anything to get a share of the house as it is now a joint marital asset.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you get married she doesn't have to pay anything to get a share of the house as it is now a joint marital asset.
            You are of course correct. However, not all women are freeloading harridans! It depends how fair she wants to be.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
            X