• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Singles Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    Why not Google 'singles holidays for sockies'?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Hey Pip, Go on a singles holiday to somewhere with no internet connection.

Another sockie banned! Thanks WTFH!

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Pip in a Man Utd Poke.

He's away with the Fairy.

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        Some time later...

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          They have a deal for rooms by the hour at the Bridgwater Services Travelodge. Scoots can advise on how to expense it.
          The necessary pharmaceuticals*, on the other hand**, are definitely not expensible...

*Before and after.
          **Apologies for the pun unsuitable for a contractor forum.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Some time later...

pretty sure in this case it will only be 1 pair of hands.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Supposing this was a remotely serious question (I see the OP is banned now...), I've holidayed a few times as a single and it can certainly be done without the aid of dedicated package providers. Key things to remember are:
              1. Avoid boutique-style 'romantic' hotels that will be full of loved-up couples. Singles stand out like a sore thumb there.
              2. Stay in a resort big and popular enough to stand a chance of having other singles. Anywhere too small and niche is unlikely to be viable unless you mingle with locals (assuming they/you speak the lingo).
              3. Doing "backpacker" type trips (e.g. island-hopping in Greece) is great because you will bump into plenty of groups and other solo travellers along the way. Plus not staying in the same place the entire trip means if you get unlucky and don't find anyone in one place, you move on and try somewhere else.

There are more up-market singles holiday companies like Flash Pack, that supposedly cater to the more professional/mature person but I've not tried them myself - a bit scared they'll be full of left-wing hippie types wanting to "find themselves" in a rainforest in Guatemala

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                Supposing this was a remotely serious question (I see the OP is banned now...), I've holidayed a few times as a single and it can certainly be done without the aid of dedicated package providers. Key things to remember are:
                1. Avoid boutique-style 'romantic' hotels that will be full of loved-up couples. Singles stand out like a sore thumb there.
                2. Stay in a resort big and popular enough to stand a chance of having other singles. Anywhere too small and niche is unlikely to be viable unless you mingle with locals (assuming they/you speak the lingo).
                3. Doing "backpacker" type trips (e.g. island-hopping in Greece) is great because you will bump into plenty of groups and other solo travellers along the way. Plus not staying in the same place the entire trip means if you get unlucky and don't find anyone in one place, you move on and try somewhere else.

There are more up-market singles holiday companies like Flash Pack, that supposedly cater to the more professional/mature person but I've not tried them myself - a bit scared they'll be full of left-wing hippie types wanting to "find themselves" in a rainforest in Guatemala
                I'm sure what my honourable friend means is:

1. Difficult to get laid.
                2. Easy to get laid.
                3. Very easy to get laid but you'll almost certainly get crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Willapp View Post
                  Supposing this was a remotely serious question (I see the OP is banned now...)
                  That was for supporting the wrong team
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    That was for supporting the wrong team
                    Talking of which, now that the world have become more diverse, you no longer have to hide your gingham dress wearing fetish. What should we call you now Mordac? Tracey???
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Talking of which, now that the world have become more diverse, you no longer have to hide your gingham dress wearing fetish. What should we call you now Mordac? Tracey???
                      Are you still called Bertha?

Comment

Working...
                      X