• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sell! Sell! Sell!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    FTSE 100 index hits new record highs with a 1% surge above 7,850 | Daily Mail Online

Seen this so many times.....gold, oil, crypto, ftse....to the moon! Oh tulip, what happened?!?
    Ironically, the same thing happened with tulips a few hundred years ago
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      So many people on here desperately trying to use the phrases

In spite of Brexit

or

Because of Brexit

But they just do not know which way to leap.

Ah ha ha ha
      AFFS! - @mods, why don't you just merge general with the numpty thread and be done with it????

Comment

Another 1% today, in spite of Br...

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          AFFS! - @mods, why don't you just merge general with the numpty thread and be done with it????
          But the point was clear that some posters were desperate to say it weren't they.

Comment

In 1998 the FTSE was at 6500 and is now at 7800, 1300 points in 20 years is totally sh*te. The DJ has doubled in that time, it was around 10,500 and is now 25,000.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 May 2018, 11:08.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

My zombie energy sector shares are "awakening".

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                In 1998 the FTSE was at 6500 and is now at 7800, 1300 points in 20 years is totally sh*te. The DJ has doubled in that time, it was around 10,500 and is now 25,000.
                Around Black Monday FTSE and DJ were close.

Comment

We're all going to be rich, when the £ drops to 50c against the dollar then think what the market will be like then!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    We're all going to be rich, when the £ drops to 50c against the dollar then think what the market will be like then!
                    That would be nice for my main US investment.
                    Did you buy sledges in dollars?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The FTSE 100 selection criteria have been altered over the years and is more international. The FTSE 250 is a better indication of the UK economy and it looks pure bubble.

Comment

Working...
                      X