• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nisan Xtrail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a cheap one one and bung a refurbished V8 in it

Comment

I like the look of the new one, but I don't think it's got any grunt which is a shame.

Best asking on pistonheads surely

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
        Best asking on pistonheads surely
        If he asks on there the way he asked on here, they'll tear him a new exhaust manifold!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          If he asks on there the way he asked on here, they'll tear him a new exhaust manifold!
          Summer holiday?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Buy a cheap one one and bung a refurbished V8 in it
            What about a V6?

In fact, someone totalled their car and is now selling the engine:
            On eBay

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              if you plan on towing horse boxes off muddy fields, get some flavour of Land Rover.
              I used my X-trail to tow a Discovery towing a horsebox off the muddy fields near us last year because the Land Rover couldn't do it properly...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                I used my X-trail to tow a Discovery towing a horsebox off the muddy fields near us last year because the Land Rover couldn't do it properly...
                Tyres are the key.
                Back to asking the OP questions. If he's going to be driving it off road or on country lanes, he wants small wheels, big tyres (and preferably M&S or chunkier). If he never leaves a city, then he probably wants low profile summer tyres on big wheels, although if it's for the school run and you're mounting the kerb to drop chardonnay and tarquin off, then you'll damage the wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyF View Post
                  That's more to do with the driver than the car, or the tyres. I learned to drive on Landies (mostly SIIs) on farms in west Wales as a boy. They go anywhere, mostly in low third. Only thing better at cross country was the tractor.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    That's more to do with the driver than the car, or the tyres. I learned to drive on Landies (mostly SIIs) on farms in west Wales as a boy. They go anywhere, mostly in low third. Only thing better at cross country was the tractor.
                    I'm sure you're right.

If it's just down to the driver, you'd think that Land Rover would employ someone to drive their vehicles properly. That way they won't rely on an enthusiatic amateur to get their vehicles away from the shows that they are doing

Comment

If I wanted a vehicle to get me out of a situation while still being easy to maintain, it would have to be a Land Rover or a Land Cruiser. But not one of the Chelsea tractor models.

(this one is modified for TV broadcasts 6 hours per day, 7 days a week)

This is the more standard guest viewing vehicle

And this from Toyota

Comment

Working...
                      X