• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bank That Likes To Say You Are Dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bank That Likes To Say You Are Dead

New TSB gaffe: bank claims some former customers have died
    https://www.theguardian.com/business...mers-have-died
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

wonder how much you'd get if you sue?

Comment

They starved to death waiting for access to their accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        That could just work out to be the most expensive cheap migration in history. Who are they going to get to front their next ad campaign? Might I suggest Lazarus...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Look on the bright side, SSE are under the impression my late mother has resurrected.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A warning what will happen if you leave TSB?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Although the dead have no rights in law, wrongly claiming someone is dead could be construed as gross misuse of personal data.

It would be ironic if TSB were the first to be prosecuted for this under the new GDPR system
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Although the dead have no rights in law, wrongly claiming someone is dead could be construed as gross misuse of personal data.

It would be ironic if TSB were the first to be prosecuted for this under the new GDPR system
                And if they're not it proves the ICO is toothless and the whole thing is a waste of time if it's not backed up by proper regulation and prosecution.

Maybe they'll leave companies a while to hang themselves on the number of complaints and breeches the ICO receive, then reel them in for easy pickings when they need to pay off their bar bill.

We'll see if TSB is a bank too big to fail.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                X